Thread: Polaris 6 wheeler

Default Polaris 6 wheeler

Does anyone know how large of tires you can put on the rear of a new 6 wheeler polaris without them touching? I know they use the smaller 10 inch rim instead of the 12 on the 4by4 sportsman. I heard Itp 589 is about the only tire that they use since it is the same size as stock. I would like to go with mud lights or the radial itp tire in a taller and wider size. Could you put on a set of 26/12/12 or are they to big? Thanks for any input

Default Go Big Or Go Home!

Nastiness on 29.5's

I replaced the tires on mine this summer. I stuck with the stock 25" height but went wider. I went with 12's on the rear and 10's on the front. After installing them, I think I could have gotten away with 26" but it would be close. Like you say, it depends on which brand tire you use. I went with the Swamp Witches and they perform great. If you go wider on the front you will need either spacers or rims with a different offset so they won't rub on the tie rod end.

Heres a pic -

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default polaris 6x6

Thanks for some info, I would put on a set of spacers in the front with at least a 25x9x12 tire but I guess I will have to do more looking for the rear tires. I had a set of the ITP XTR radials on my Sportsman 600 and realy liked them. I was hoping to put some on a 6x6.

If you are willing to go to the expense you can always have the swing arm lengthened. This will permit you to go to a larger tire in the rear.
    Tennessee

There's no need for more than a 25. I put 589s on mine and they work fine. The only use my winch has gotten is pulling out 4x4s.

Just remember to keep the fronts and the rear the same diameter otherwise it will strain your drive train when pulling in 6wd.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....