Thread: Gun mounts.

Default Gun mounts.

Show me how each of you mount your long guns on your snow machines. Pictures would be nice but explanations will do. Thanks Looking to mount to a Ski Doo E-Tec.

Default Koplin Gun boot & mount.

I would like to run with a two boot system. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

On my new sled there is actually enough room behind the seat to put a 16" AR-15. I just put it in my eberlestock gunslinger back pack and bungied it to the tunnel.

Beyond that though, I have not found a good way to mount a long gun on any sled since my 1980's invader.
    The individual right to keep and bear arms shall not be denied or infringed by the State or a political subdivision of the State.

On my Polaris edge chassis it is pretty slick! You need to cut out a hole in the console on the left side just below the hood. This allows you to mount a koplin gun boot under the hood on that side on top of the clutch guard. The thing will slip forward all the way to the nose of the sled to where the main body of the the gun boot is almost fluch with the console. You can actually ziptye it to the hood so that it opens and closes with the hood and will not slide around. Works great!!! You can either put the butt cap on the case, which sticks out alot father than the butt of the gun and gets in the way, or just leave the end off. Your gun will not move in there in either case. No too sure about on your new doo.

Default Quick two gun boot set up.

Get two u-bolts that you can put in your rail. Just big enough so that your gun-boot can slide into like a wedge. Bolt these down, slip the end of the gun boot in, and then bungee the other end of the boot to the side of your back rack. That is what I've done to both of the lodge machines. I put one on each side, allowing you to carry two rifles on each machine. Works well, especially if you roll over. You don't have to worry about any damage to your machine or your gun. The only drawback is that the U-bolt will stick up on your rail, and may interfere with where you want to put your feet. For me, my feet are always forward, and they don't get in the way. The only thing you have to do is drill two small holes to make this work.

I'll try to remember to get a picture when I'm up at the lodge next weekend.

Good Luck!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default By "rail"...

Quote Originally Posted by denalihunter View Post
    Get two u-bolts that you can put in your rail. Just big enough so that your gun-boot can slide into like a wedge. Bolt these down, slip the end of the gun boot in, and then bungee the other end of the boot to the side of your back rack. That is what I've done to both of the lodge machines. I put one on each side, allowing you to carry two rifles on each machine. Works well, especially if you roll over. You don't have to worry about any damage to your machine or your gun. The only drawback is that the U-bolt will stick up on your rail, and may interfere with where you want to put your feet. For me, my feet are always forward, and they don't get in the way. The only thing you have to do is drill two small holes to make this work.

I'll try to remember to get a picture when I'm up at the lodge next weekend.

Good Luck!
    ... do you mean the side of the tunnel? I can see putting a big U-bolt on the side of the tunnel to jam the front of the scabbard into, while securing the upper end to the rack.

Default boot

Sayak,
    I bolted it flat to where your foot goes, but you could probably just as easily do it to the side. They are easy to take off if you don't need the guns. (I've never found a case where I wouldn't have at least one gun with me). They also don't really get in the way even if your not carrying guns, at least for how I ride. Since I'm no expert at riding, my main goal with the install was the ability to roll the machine down the mountain without hurting the guns, and I was successful at that. (Yes, I've done it a few times....) They just lay flat against the tunnel the entire distance, and tie tight into the back rack.

I'll get some pic's this weekend.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Default Skidoo 2008 600 etec

Thanks for the ideas. I sure would like to see some of the ideas. Especially the one abot not hurting the rifle after rolling down hill. but all photo's would be helpful.. Thanks

Default Koplin boot mounted level is not recomended!

After all these years running with a gun boot nose down, I made the mistake of mounting it level. I lost the gun boot cover & the rear scope cover from my rifle while trail breaking for a long distance dog race. I was lucky I didnít lose the rifle. Hereís a photo of what NOT to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images