Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish-Rite boats!

Default Fish-Rite boats!

hi again, anyone here own or have ridden in a fish rite boat?....i am seriously looking at their 28 footer with twin 225 yams with the 10 foot beam!...would love to here what you think, good or bad! i do believe there are quite a few up in alaska waters!!..thanks larry

Do You plan on using it for Charter Fishing? What Iv'e seen there nice. Probabaly beter built than the former North River. It's Metal though I much prefer glass. I'd reccomend the BAMF Boat.

hey mwf!...we wont be using it for chartering, just me and the mrs!....plan on doing the north west coast(BC up to the alaska panhandle) in a few years, but first it will get the bugs worked out on the big interior lakes here in BC!....and by bugs, i mean me learning to drive a bigger boat, just have the 18 footer(tin) with jet for now!....not sure what a BAMF boat is, but will look it up now...thanks.larry

Larry,

Here is the link:

http://bamfboats.com/
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

Great boats. I thought about buying a fishrite, but ended up with a used Boulton (less $). I really liked the quality of the fishrite and I haven't heard much negative about them. I've seen the top boat (one with shark teeth) in action. I was cruising at 25 knots and that boat blew by us like we were standing still. Very impressive. It was riding through the water very smooth. I think the Sea Wolf, or what ever they call them, are fairly new so not a lot in the water compared to Hewescrafts and Kingfishers.

Decent fit and finish...better than Hewes. Rides good in moderate seas.

Here`s the 24' Performer pilothouse w/175 Zuk power...runs 43mph @ 18 gallons/hr. with 3 people and lots of gear...cruises @ 32mph @ 7.5 gallons/hr.

Spent a few days on this 23' Fishrite out of Yakutat. Plenty fast with a 150 Suzuki and 15 hp kicker. Rode real light on the water but needed a bigger fish box.

I'll hold on to my Bible & my Guns, you can keep the change!!!

I've never been on a fish rite but I did look into them when I was shopping for a boat. Seemed well made but Marita Sea and Ski was a little to proud of their boat to lower the price. I really liked the high bow and sturdy construction. The Black boat shown below is the "Rouge" and I have seen him in action quite a few times last summer. Boat handled fine and the Capt knows how to handle his boat. Gave him a ride one day back home when he ran out of gas. Real nice guy and knows his stuff. I'd charter with him if I didn't have a boat. Fish Rite does have have a nice boat, but like a Harbercraft Kingfisher, they are a little proud of their pricetag. JMO

thanks for all the replies!!..yep, i feel i HAVE to have this boat--just love that bow(like chico said), ..that 28 footer gives me goose bumps--but to be honest there are alot of great boats out there, so, to put it lightly, "i am confused!!"...but, i woundnt have it any other way!!......so far, because of a number of issues/compromises, three boats are on the menu,,,,fishrite, silverstreak, and c-king!....top honours to seawolf and glaciercraft, but logistics et al, put them at second place--NOT becuase of the boats themsleves!!..so, thanks again for the replies guys! larry

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Check out the Wooldridge SS pilot house. They make a great boat I have one being built right now. I looked at all the brands you mentioned but in the end the bow design of the Wooldridge sold me. I also like their hull construction and they are a great bunch to deal with. There are many good builders out there and the guys at Fishrite do a good job as well.

Mike

thanks mike!...just when i thought i was "settleing in" on a model!!!!!...
    now i am back to square one!....sent off for some specs and prices!...the opening in the front is interesting, would save some problems with just me in the boat!! ...wonder if the front has any sealing/leak issues??....anyway, thanks for the link, didnt know they built pilot houses!!.what size did you order?....larrry

Quote Originally Posted by Gundog View Post
    Check out the Wooldridge SS pilot house. They make a great boat I have one being built right now. I looked at all the brands you mentioned but in the end the bow design of the Wooldridge sold me. I also like their hull construction and they are a great bunch to deal with. There are many good builders out there and the guys at Fishrite do a good job as well.

Mike

Default fish rite

The Fish Rite was originally an Aerohead boat out of Portland when they closed down fishrite bought the plans. Here is a review. http://www.thelog.com/BoatTests/theBoatTest.aspx?x=4048
    Wooldridge has lots of offshore models look for the 26 and 29 build pics on here, with fuel consumption reports.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...dge+new+models

thanks SD for the links! good stuff!..are the prices similiar, i see that the wooly tread is 3 years old!...larry

Quote Originally Posted by sport drifter View Post
    The Fish Rite was originally an Aerohead boat out of Portland when they closed down fishrite bought the plans. Here is a review. http://www.thelog.com/BoatTests/theBoatTest.aspx?x=4048
    Wooldridge has lots of offshore models look for the 26 and 29 build pics on here, with fuel consumption reports.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...dge+new+models

To throw one more on to the list, you could also check out Raider Boats,
    http://www.raiderboats.com/about.html

Thats who I ended up going with, saved a bundle too. They'll customize your boat any which way you want, and they have an option for a 96 inch bottom vs the usual 84 inch (thats what sold me anyway). They're also very patient with changes during the build.

They're about 2/3 the cost of a Hewes and they're built like tanks, quarter inch bottom hull w/ a 18 degree deadrise.
    The interior finish is between a Boulton and a Hewes - utilitarian, but not ugly by any means.
    I can send you pix of mine if you want.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

Maast

I looked long and hard at Raider. Fell in love with one I say in Seward. Owner lives in Eagle River. I almost bought one but what killed me was shipping to Alaska. Deweys carried the Cuddy a few years but when Hewescraft came out with the PC, they dropped the Raider. Redwood Marine has a 28'Cuddy and was willing to sell it for 100,000 with twin Suzuki's but by the time I put electronics and shipping, I was way out of my price tag. Shipping alone was almost 8000 on the best I could find at the time with their help and I didn't want to haul a boat that size to Alaska. Deweys gave me a sweet deal Fall of 2008 that I just couldn't pass up, but my heart was in love with the Raider. My main selling point was the extended transom was a direct continuation of the hull and 1/4" thick. Hewes does the extended transom that way for the 22' but not longer. They still have the boat. http://redwoodmarine.com/inventory.a...ts&make=Raider

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

I am not trying to hijack this thread to a Wooldridge thread but I have been talking to the poster about my ordered boat by PM trying to explain what my bow will look like. This picture is of a boat that has the bow that sold me on my boat.

Fishrite was in my final three boats I fell in love with the looks of that Sea Storm but with the design of the bow I did not see how they could modify it to suit my needs. Jamie is a great guy and I am sure he would have been great to deal with I feel they make a very good boat and would not hesitate on the quality of their boat.

Boulton was also in my final three Mike makes a very nice boat also. Raider did not make the cut early on I will not run down their boats on here price wise they are the cheapest. My final 3 boats were all within 10K of each other there are many other fine builders out there but most of them were considerably more $$.

Here is the bow of a 23 mine will be a 26 but will have these same rails and bow pulpit the pulpit has a 4 step ladder that pulls out so you can nose into the shore and step off the bow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

you guys are killing me aith all these boats!! make it stop!!! ---NOT!!....my wife is starting to get p$%^$% off at me, i keep saying "look at this one"!!....keep'm coming and hijack this thread all you want!!...thanks for giving me sleeples nights!! larry

I have owned the Fish-Rite Sea Storm, Wooldridge Pilot and the Hewescraft. If you want an honest assessment, positive and negative, PM me and I will share what I know. All decent boats with good and not so good features. Some apparant and some not so apparant until you use them on the water.

Default BC

Here are some pictures of my Fish-Rite. Since everyone is posting their's. I sold it last year.

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/tt8/kaisersosei/Seward%203-6-2009/?action=view¤t=DSC04338.jpg&newest=1

Default A little rusty with the image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast