Thread: Help!!

Default Help!!

How do you measure the length of a track?

Wink Easy!!!

From the the drivers back X2!!! Basic sizes 121," 136", 141", 144" and so on . What kind of rig have you got?!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

You look it up in the manual?
    Tim

its a 1985 Bravo. Trying to get it going for my kid. I have the track off and according to what I can find on the net it should have a 131. But a repair guy told me it should be a 108 ? And if I measure the actual length it is only 98 inches. Some one told me there was a way to count the bars and multiply ? any ideas? thanks

Count the number of "bars" or track clips down one side and multiply by the pitch of the track. Most tracks have a pitch of 2.52" and you can verify that by measuring from the start of one track clip to the start of the next one.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

There are three models of Bravos..a short track, a TS, and the longtrack. I don't recall the track lengths, but if you could post the model that might help.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Oh yeah. The early Bravos had 2.0 pitch tracks. They need drive sprockets to convert them to 2.52 pitch that most replacement tracks use. The short tracks used a 94" track....

A little more digging....they only made a short track in '85. So I bet yours is the 94" one. Dennis Kirk sells the track and sprockets for a little under $500. I spent two years looking for decent used Bravo track before we gave up. Couldn't see spending $500 for a track on a $250 machine
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default thanks doug

Yes it is a 94 in track. and I have been chasing my tail and can't see 500 bucks for this machine. so it will get put back together and run till the track breaks.