Thread: Bristol Bay Guides

Default Bristol Bay Guides

Folks,

I have a friend (lifeling Alaskan) who has always wanted to do a "world class" flyfishing trip in Bristol Bay.

He has been battling cancer and his "wish list" has become more important recently....

What he is looking for is a good transporter/guide who can get him on some terrific spots in the region. He isnt looking for a lodeg type experience, he prefers to rough it, but needs some good local knowledge.

Can anyone provide any guide/transporter names and contacts for him to start his research?? thanks everyone.

Greg

PM sent, good luck.

Alaska Fly Angler's Inc. They do remote trips in Bristol Bay with no lodge, Levi and his brother are great guys and great guides. I would highly recommend them!!!
    "The Tug is the Drug"

Default Branch River Air

I got a lot of good info from Branch River Air Service. They were helpful via email and phone and sent me a nice little flier in the mail detailing a few trip options and costs.

I hope I don't have to wait for a potentially life-threatening condition to spur me into taking my dream trip over there, but so far it has eluded me as well. I wish your friend the best and a speedy recovery. My wife went through the whole process a couple of years ago and we are firm believers in a positive attitude making the difference.

A fishing trip to Bristol Bay sounds like an excellent source of inspiration, hope and positive thinking!

http://www.branchriverair.com/index.htm

IF you don't want to float but be based out of King Salmon with a B&B pm me and I can hook you up that way if weather keeps you from flying you still have a nice river to fish for most species found in Alaska.

George

Can't recommend Cecil enough

C-Air PO Box 82 King Salmon, AK 99613 Tel. (907) 246-6318 Fax. (907) 688-3969 Email flycair@alaskalife.net Fly out Fishing, Hunting, Rafting, Flightseeing, Katmai National Park, Bear Viewing, Brooks Camp, Camping, Valley of 10,000 Smokes, Custom Air Charters, Photography, Becherof Wildlife Refuge, Alaska Peninsula, Call/Write.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default thanks

Thanks all for your inputs so far... I am going to help my buddy chase all of these down!!

Merry Christmas to you all and may God bless you and your families!

Greg