Thread: Holiday sweets

Default Holiday sweets

I scaled way back this year, I figure it will only take two days this year. We decided to cut out the folks who don't even bother to send us a card, maybe they will get the point.

So I just finished up 9 dozen cookies, 4 sugar, 4 butter, 1 chocolate chip.

Also did two loaves of sandwich bread.

Tomorrow is chocolate day, the butters will get a back coating and drizzle. I have about 3-5 dozen truffles to make and I'll do mints or a petifore as well.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Simple solution for increasing your baking out put, post mailing address for Christmas cards to your house and your baking efforts will expand dramatically.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    I scaled way back this year, I figure it will only take two days this year. We decided to cut out the folks who don't even bother to send us a card, maybe they will get the point.

So I just finished up 9 dozen cookies, 4 sugar, 4 butter, 1 chocolate chip.

Also did two loaves of sandwich bread.

Tomorrow is chocolate day, the butters will get a back coating and drizzle. I have about 3-5 dozen truffles to make and I'll do mints or a petifore as well.
    Hey there Rick, PM me with your mailing address. I'd be more than happy to send you a card <smile>.

The nearest Hallmark store is a long ways away so I hope you don't mind homemade?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Lori
    If God had intended us to follow recipes,
    He wouldn't have given us grandmothers. ~Linda Henley