Thread: some good learning vids...for new folks or whomever

Default some good learning vids...for new folks or whomever

Was going through some stuff today...happened to pull out one of Mel Kriegers vids The essence of flycasting II and spey casting.

First if you've wanted to learn, he is by far the best teacher of the sport I've read or watched! There is tons of material out there. After watching this man cast, and show his routine, you wont be confuzed and you'll realize how EASY it is. As for some of us not so new folks...he also has some good stuff on fixing issues.....pretty simply put.

Great xmas presents without a doubt!

I dont think as a new person I'd delve right into video 2 without watching the first. I had forgotten how fun he is to watch cast. Almost like when you're on the river and you happen to see someone fishing a ways away. You can immediatly tell they've got it or they dont. It's just enjoyable to watch!

Lots of great dvds out for sure. I learned to cast with Lefty Kreh's "Flycasting" (or similar) dvd. Cabelas sells it. Nice no nonsense approach and he tells it like it is. Not a fluff and puff video with some guy ringing his own bell. A flyfishing legend and a straight shooter. I became a big Lefty fan after the dvd. Learned how to cast (more or less) in a few hours. Great dvd.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...questid=245725
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default fly fishing for dummies is...

...probably more my speed.

Tradbow, thanks for the recommendation about Mel Kreiger. Do you think this one is a good place to start?

http://www.melkrieger.com/PR_DVDbegin.htm

Dan,thanks to your recommendation a few months ago, word from North Pole is that Lefty Kreh's dvd may be on board the Sleigh. Looking forward to checking them both out.

Have a great holiday season, Jay

old mil...definatly a huge yes!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmil007 View Post
    ..Have a great holiday season, Jay

Same to you buddy. Looks like a white Christmas here on Nantucket. Guess you are having the same up in Maine. The below pic was from my Emergency Room ambulance bay last night. 60 mph winds and a foot of snow. Hospital was on back up power for 15 hours. The whole island lost power. "Old man winter" as you yanks say

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.