Thread: Can Anyone find me some whitefish?

Default Can Anyone find me some whitefish?

ive been looking for whitefish...about 10-20lbs worth.....ill pay or trade.....can anyone point me in a good direction?

Release Lake Trout

I am working on it so if it comes through I'll see what I can get you. Should be able to get you something at least... Bait or food?

Quote Originally Posted by akdube View Post
    I am working on it so if it comes through I'll see what I can get you. Should be able to get you something at least... Bait or food?
    He's looking for bait. Preferably 16" or under.

thank you drifter....yes id like to get about 15-20lbs or so of whole, raw whitefish 16" and smaller.....id like to save some for the summer to try trolling them with a downrigger and dodger. any tips would be much appreciated in my hunt for the elusive whitefish.

Release Lake Trout

where is your general area you are hunting the mystery white fish of the north?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    thank you drifter....yes id like to get about 15-20lbs or so of whole, raw whitefish 16" and smaller.....id like to save some for the summer to try trolling them with a downrigger and dodger. any tips would be much appreciated in my hunt for the elusive whitefish.
    I will show you this spring for your summer needs.

akdube the only whitefish i have ever seen caught on rod and reel was at sheep creek by a friend of mine....other than that, i dont know where to try it.....where would you suggest? and Mike id appreciate that!

Release Lake Trout

I caught one from the mouth of Jim Creek in Palmer this fall. It's in the freezer waiting to go to Louise or Cross winds. the bad new is I only have one and one is a lonely number. has any one tried a black fish for bait??