Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your fav hunting rigs, a word of caution to fbks peoples

Default your fav hunting rigs, a word of caution to fbks peoples

Hey gang,

We had one of our hunting trucks (my wifes) stolen last nite and in 2 hours it was found ablaze beyond recognition at the end of plack. The truck was stolen in a CHURCH parking log. They walked in, found her jacket with the keys in the pocket and poof, the rest is history. I don't expect they'll figure anything out about it as the trooper didnt even bother to follow the only set of tracks leading out after a fresh snow!!! USE CAUTION!

cccrrraaap.

I hear ya, today I had a lady chase me down from North Pole all the way to Fbks(it took me a while to figure out she was following me) and I had my wheeler in the back of my truck. When I arrived where I was going in Fbks I thought it was odd that we were going to the same place. She got out of her vehicle and asked me if I had proof that the wheeler in the bed of my truck was mine as she was describing my tires and accessories on the wheeler to someone on her cell phone. A few minutes later a fairly large fella (her dad) pulls up in a truck and walks over to my truck checking out my wheeler. I started to get upset and then he explained to me that someone stole both of his Hondas from his front yard last month after cutting through a very large chain. He verified my wheeler was not his and apologized for upsetting me, I told him I totally understand. This kind of stuff appears to be happening more and more around the Borough and it appears that the Troopers are helpless in catching the culprits. Pretty sad if you ask me, but thankfully we have liberal gun laws here in Alaska, and eventually one of these guys is going to screw up and get caught in the act and it wont be by the troopers but by a vigilant citizen protecting his own property!

Default Thieving scum

This is happening too frequently any more. Not too many years ago, I would leave my wheelers and snow machines in the yard when I lived off Plack Road and not think twice about it. Now, they aren't even safe in the garage. I now live in Eagle River, and trust me, the thieves down here are just as brazen. As AlaskaCub said, put a few holes in these *******s and this trend will stop. It's just terrible this is going on up here. There are few consequences for this scum, and they just don't care.
    The liberal lawyers have seen to that, and the Troopers are just spread too thin to keep up with it. Can't blame them.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

shoot shovel and shut up.

sure wish it was that easy wildone. In the melee to get out of the house and start looking (my wife was at a local church doing a dinner for handicapped kids), I went for the shotgun. Lo and behold I can't find the key to the gun cabinet. Just about kicked in the glass when I realized the ammo was in the lower drawer also locked up with the same key!!! ****ed if ya do, ****ed if ya don't.

Unfortunatly the cops didnt hardly even look around for evidence (fresh foot prints in fresh fallen snow...hmmmmm. They also called it an open and shut case being they found the vehicle and no one was hurt. It really sends a message to the people doing these kinds of crimes that it's ok to keep doing it, ya just aint going to get caught. Unfortunatly for us what we hopefully will get back from insurance (full coverage thankfully) is only half of what it's going to cost to replace it...IF THAT!! At what cost to a citizen does it make it worth their time to investigate a situation, one that is as has stated happening to often these days!

If I didnt wonder about law enforcement in recent times and actually wanting to be one in recent pasts, I'm really question things now!!!

TradBow they will get theirs dont worry about it. I would like to say be thankful noone was hurt but these jackazzes are not in the business of hurting people just stealing, and eventually they are going to screw up and someone is gonna have a gun in easy reach thats being stolen from and then the others will think twice when it hits the news and newspapers! The peoblem is with none of them ever getting caught it sends a message out that you can pull this crap and get away with it. We all have to be more vigilant though, eyes and ears open!

Wow.

I get the impression some of you guys would actually shoot a person over a pickup truck or a 4-wheeler.

Hard to see my way clear to taking someone's life - including a scumbag's life - over property.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    Wow.

I get the impression some of you guys would actually shoot a person over a pickup truck or a 4-wheeler.

Hard to see my way clear to taking someone's life - including a scumbag's life - over property.
    In reality I haven't seen nor heard of people shooting others over their stolen trucks, snowmobiles, construction tools and equipment, or ATV's. However, some folks have looked and found their stolen vehicles, having to use their guns (not shooting) to take them away from the thieves.

Default Thiefs

If I were to catch somebody breaking into my house or attempting to steal from my property, I would not hesitate in using one of my firearms to bring the low life to justice. Why anyone would allow or condone such an action is beyond me.

i would really try to make an extra effort to maim instead of kill. really.

my sled was stolen out of my brothers front yard out in wasilla on CHRISTMAS!!!. i filed the reports, and still havnt seen my sled. i doubt it is even in one piece. it has been 3 years now.

anyways, yea, protection of life and property.

Default Hobbies

I kind of look at like sheep hunting or mountain climbing. If you choose to do these things, you know there are dangers involved. If you choose to be a thief you should know you may well get shot. If more people felt this way I think there would be fewer thieves.

Default Would I shoot scum stealing my property?

Absolutely. We have gone over the deep end as a society since we allow these scum to get off so lightly, even when caught. Put a load of buckshot or a .45 slug in a few, and this crap will stop right now. If they are this brazen, your home, family and life aren't worth anything to them. Danged right I would. Anyone doesn't like it, then they had better stay away from my home and property.
    Bottom line, the victims should be taken care of, not the other way around like it is.
    The really worse part is when you have to pay out of your own pocket to replace what this scum took from you. Even if they are caught, you still will be stuck with the bill.... Sad.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

That really sucks. It was probably some kid or kids who thought it was cool and they'll try it again and either get shot or get caught. Hopefully they'll catch em and you can get some compensation.

But, doesn't the law draw a line when it comes to using deadly force? I mean, I don't think one can LEGALLY shoot someone who is stealing stuff out of your yard. However, if your life is being threatened then it's a different story. Someone here has got to have taken concealed carry course and could fill us in on this. Or maybe someone here just knows the law. AKMud?

I would have a hard time using deadly force on some kid stealing my quad out of the yard. Now, if he breaks into my house and I'm there that's a different story.

EDIT: Here's what a quick google brings up:

*II. SELF-DEFENSE
    *Self-defense will justify the use of deadly force if the defender reasonably believes that the use of deadly force is necessary to defend himself from death or serious physical injury.* AS 11.81.335. [n. 1]* Thus, to employ self- defense a defendant must satisfy both an objective and subjective standard;* he must have actually believed deadly force was necessary to protect himself, and his belief must be one that a reasonable person would have held under the circumstances. 
    • 1. AS 11.81.335 provides:
    • (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person may use deadly force upon another person when and to the extent
    • (1) the use of nondeadly force is justified under AS 11.81.330;* and
    • (2) the person reasonably believes the use of deadly force is necessary for self defense against death, serious physical injury, kidnapping, sexual assault in the first degree under AS 11.41.410(a)(1) or (2), sexual assault in the second degree, or robbery in any degree.
    • (b) A person may not use deadly force under this section if the person knows that, with complete personal safety and with complete safety as to others, the person can avoid the necessity of using deadly force by* retreating, except there is no duty to retreat if the person is
    • (1) on premises which the person owns or leases and the person is not the initial aggressor;* or
    • (2) a peace officer acting within the scope and authority of the officer's employment or a person assisting a peace officer under AS 11.81.380
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Its not that I would run out of the house blasting away with a handgun or a shotgun, its the what happens next when you cronfront them? Are they really just some dumb kids, or are they the same kind of 16-18 year old kids that will gun you down in a heartbeat becasue thats what the rap songs are teaching them is cool? I wouldn't take 2 or 3 16-18 year old kids any more lightly than a 25 year old man, just like SheepHunter said, if you choose to be a thief you should know you might get shot! Folks who work hard for their stuff shouldn't have to tolerate this stuff and what in most of North Pole how long is the average response time for a Trooper, 15-20 minutes, a lot can happen in that time frame the more the dummies realize if they dont get away they are going to get in serious trouble, that desperation can make a 18 year old trouble maker act quite irrationally, I wish this incident on none of us.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 Mauser View Post
    Wow.

I work for a living, my toys, home, vehicles were all bought with MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Step onto my property or into my home meaning harm/harassment/theft and yes, you will be pushing up daisies! I have no problems with it. These punks nowadays get a slap on the hand for these crimes committed, start dropping a few and maybe the hint will sink in to the rest.

Sorry to hear of your rig being stolen. good luck with the troopers, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    i would really try to make an extra effort to maim instead of kill. really.

my sled was stolen out of my brothers front yard out in wasilla on CHRISTMAS!!!. i filed the reports, and still havnt seen my sled. i doubt it is even in one piece. it has been 3 years now.

anyways, yea, protection of life and property.
    If you aren't justified in using deadly force, using it to maim is going to bring you all sorts of trouble.

Our problem is that the deadly force law does not specifically allow deadly force to protect property. I think arson an exception. It's a fine line which requires one to confront a thief or vandal and wait for them to initiate agression against you before you can unload on them.

Since we are on a roll with our gun laws evolving for the better, one of the things we should press for in the legislature is to allow deadly force for the protection of property. It seems to work well in Texas.

BTW, I have no moral issues with shooting a thief or vandal. As far as I'm concerned when they cross the line with intent to steal or destroy someone else's property, they lose their humanity.
    Now what ?

Sorry if I stirred the pot here.

Just wanted to make sure everyone double checks and triple checks there goodies, be it rigs, atv's boats what have you!

And yes if I caught them there'd be seom #4 skeeters itching for blood . Now if I can only find the dang gun cabinet key!!!

Sorry to hear about your rig and the shotty "investigation" by the trooper. I spent enough time in Fairbanks to know a lot of those youngsters have weapons of their own... little *******s.

Angry They would get what they deserve

i had my rig stolen in fairbanks one summer the second day i got there , only thing that i pulled out was my clothes , everything else (guns , tools , personal stuff) was still in my rig when they stole it . Its a good thing i never found the thiefs becouse there is alot of space up here where someone could get LOST ...
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast