Thread: U.S.C.G. - Homer

Default U.S.C.G. - Homer

I can not recall , if you hail on Channel 16 for Coast Guard near Homer / Seldovia. do you get Anchorage or Air Station Kodiak?
    I gave assistance to someone who ran out of fuel last July trying to get info.
    Thanx Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

It used to be Air Station Kodiak but this summer all comms have been switched to Sector Anchorage.

thanx Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Near Homer

You would think you would be answered by the Hickory. Closest CG Unit. I know aroound Seward the Mustang used to answer the calls

The Hickory is a buoy tender. The Roanoke Island is the Cutter stationed there like Cutter Mustang in Seward. Sector Anchorage handles the comms and if needed will dispatch the Cutter or safe boat to respond to cases. First line of contact on 16 and 22a will be Sector Anchorage. The system was being transitioned over this year from Air Station Kodiak to Sector Anchorage.