Thread: Yakutat- charter recommendations?

Default Yakutat- charter recommendations?

Hi all,
    Scheduled a week long fishing trip to Yakutat for 6/26/2010 for two. Want to arrange a charter for halibut and kings but most boats require four persons.

Since we can go out any day that week and don't want to fish in rough weather, I'd like to be flexible and not book until I can get a weather forecast the week before the trip so we don't end up fishing in snotty conditions.

Is this doable at Yakutat if we're flexible or do the charters tend to be fully booked early on?

Also, any recommendations for charters or guides to fish for kings on the Situk?

Thanks in advance,
    Gary

We haven't had a good enough King Return on the Situk to target Kings, let alone keep them. I am the Charter Boat Captain at the Glacier Bear Lodge. That is a busy time of year. I would have no trouble getting you out. PM me to book your ocean fishing and more info.
    Erik

I may have mislead you, the King fishing in the salt last year was phenomenal, The Situk just doesn't have a huge returning run and is usually closed to retention of Kings. Hope to see you this summer!