Thread: predator help

Default predator help

Im new to predator hunting what does everyone normally do with the smaller animals fox, coyote etc as far as cleaning if wanting to do a full mount or just tan the hide. Familiar with large game but not sure if same methods are used do you field dress them or just skin? Any help would be appreciated.

if you are wanting to do a full mount and havent done much fur bearer skining before you might want to have someone who knows what he is doing skin it out for you and show you the proper way . Or you could go the easy route and freeze it whole and have the taxidermist do it for you. Its kinda hard to exsplain how to skin it in text and i could probly have it skinned before i could type it out. I have this DVD at home that goes through the skinning methods with alot of detail its called practical fur handling. If you would like to check it out i could probly let you check it out, or if you end up getteing one of those critters i could probly show you hands on how its done . just shoot me a message.

Good luck
    Todd
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Default thanks

thanks for the help guess ill see what happens this weekend

Thumbs up

No problem, Now you just got to get out there and knock one down . I think Im going to try and hit it this weekend too , Lots of fresh snow and that means fresh sign :] Might want to pack some snowshoes.

Have a merry Christmas

Todd
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS