Thread: Newest Chesapeake

Default Newest Chesapeake

Back to 4 'Peakes again! Here are some pics of the newest addition, Ben. He's a 6 year old Chesapeake I adopted recently & is from Michigan.

Karen
    -----------------------------------------------------------

very cool...glad it all worked out for you...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Nice markings. What kind of history does he have?

Karen, I think it is awesome that you open your home to chessies that need a new one. I hope someday (after the kids are out of the house) to do the same. I think it would be fun and rewarding.
    Ben is a beautiful boy..he looks like he's enjoying life!

Juli
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Ben was posted as having had some training (including force fetch) and lots of upland hunting experience. He's really a nice dog temperament-wise, well mannered, gets along with the other 3 dogs in the house, eats up attention & loves to retrieve. I'm still figuring out just what he knows/doesn't know -- seems rusty on some things, but we're working on it! He was AKC registered as a pup & came with an AKC certified pedigree, but no registration certificate. Sire is Caroway's Aleutian Lundy (FC AFC Aleutian Surf Breaker x CH Caroway's Winkn Blinkn 'N Nod MH WDQ & QAA) and dam is Hamilton's Full of Grace JH (DC AFC Gambler's Dilwyn Stacked Deck MH WDQ x Stonefield Wild Goose Goldie). Came through the American Chesapeake Club's rescue program, so was in a foster home in California for a little while.

Thanks Juli, but this dog was easy to fall in love with from the get go! I have a soft spot for Chessies in rescue, especially the older ones. Channel was 8 1/2 when adopted, lived to 14, and I decided to adopt another one in the future. Ben's younger, but no one was interested in him. He just had "kind" eyes, no bad habits surfaced in foster care, so I decided to adopt the dog. Not to "warehouse", but rather to work with & provide the best home possible -- for life. Just seemed like the right thing to do! The Chessie rescue volunteers are fantastic too!!

Karen