Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for a 4.6lbs rifle

Default How much would you pay for a 4.6lbs rifle

that includes the scope, rings, and base and sling in that 4.6 lbs..lol

with .308, .260, and .358 barrels

all in a nice pretty package..

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...rarchyId=10473

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

I would pass on that one for sure,does nothing for me.

Default There are some people on this board...

... who could afford it. I'm not one of them. I'll stick to my 9+ lb. Model 70.

That bolt is sick! $7k for three ultra light rifles isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Between mentally adjudicated and cybersapce

Just me, but I would rather have three seven pound rifles and several thousand left over in my pocket.

If it could outshoot my M-39, at 9.5 lbs, Id give 200$ and no more.

I gave less for the M-39 and none have a better trigger or consistant point of impact that I have with it and Czeck Milsrp FMJ
    It carries well and is tough as I need for year round use.
    We may carry a rifle more than we shoot it, (Timewize) but it must perform, and with each shot at that.
    "The Bullet" is the weapon, the rest is just delivery.
    All that matters is bullet placement. If I find a rifle that can shoot up to my expectations, Ill carve my name into it.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I like the way that Ralph thinks. It certainly makes a lot more sense.

Default 4.6 lbs

At 4.6 lbs I can see why it has a decelerator. That rifle in 308 shooting 165 grn bullets will have as much recoil as a 8.5 lb 338 shooting 250 grn bullets. AND the 358 might have recoil.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

before kifaru stopped making them they were around 3000.00 for rifle & 1 barrel & @ 500.00 each extra barrel.......looks like someone lookin to make some $$$$

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    If it could outshoot my M-39, at 9.5 lbs, Id give 200$ and no more.

I gave less for the M-39 and none have a better trigger or consistant point of impact that I have with it and Czeck Milsrp FMJ
    It carries well and is tough as I need for year round use.
    We may carry a rifle more than we shoot it, (Timewize) but it must perform, and with each shot at that.
    "The Bullet" is the weapon, the rest is just delivery.
    All that matters is bullet placement. If I find a rifle that can shoot up to my expectations, Ill carve my name into it.

Heck since know one else will say it hunting with FMJ ... I'm sure you are a great shot... But let me get on this forum and say oh by the way guys and gals using my 308 using Greek ball ammo I picked up off of midway for my moose, yeah I shoot 1 inch groups at 100yds with open sites and oh I'm going to head shoot my moose.. Hell the lynch mob would be formed outside my house!

Default Uhggg!

Thats one Uuuugly gun with a rediculous price tag - give me Win 70, Rem 700, Browning A Bolt or my trusty Mathews Bow - or even a club vs that contraption!
    I agree with Stranger - I have been a hunter and competitive shooter all my life and hate to count the times I have been humbled by some chap with a beat up, worn shiney firearm that he or she knew inside out!
    Most things we buy are to ""catch" the hunter - not the game!
    I'll pass for sure....

Default Nope wouldn't even

If it can not be killed with a .270 Weatherby, Ruger-SS,300 win mag, or my 30-30 Marlin the animal is safe from me.
    not much need for me to keep up with the Jones

I'm not keen on the idea of having all those holes in the bolt. It's an open invite for junk to get in there. No thanks.

Default 4.6 pounds

of skinny, ugly way overpriced gun. Whatever....

I like lightweight rifles but I don't like that one. I also don't care for the whole "switch barrel" thing... I'd likely have the wrong one on at any given time.

No interest whatsoever. If I got it for free I guess I'd see what I could get for it in trade.
    We are right to take alarm at the first experiment upon our liberties.
    James Madison

Seems like it would be hard to shoot well in the field. Being that light, it seems like it would wobble all over the place. Plus if I remember right they have 18" barrels so you lose a lot of velocity.

I will just carry an extra 2 or 3 lbs to have a "real" rifle. And if those extra few lbs end up costing me a shot at my quarry, I can use the money I saved by NOT buying this rifle to finance next year's hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    I'm not keen on the idea of having all those holes in the bolt. It's an open invite for junk to get in there. No thanks.
    I was going to comment on the bolt as well. You would think they would at least be drilled in a straight line and evenly also for that price...

I wouldn't trust those rings on my squirrel hunting rig!

I bet if I take a hacksaw, rasp and drill press to my old 243 ADL I can git her down to around 5 lbs!

In reality anyone that aint he-man enough to carry a 7-8 lb rifle should stay on the couch and thats an old fart talking!

Default Well

Anyhow I use my ruger 77 in a 223 for pretty much all my hunting my dad bought me that gun and it is a handy little thing, all I need is a good 55gr bullet and off I go... So I don't need this abortion of a gun... When I have my trusty little 223 can't wait to get home next year and go whack me a moose with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast