Thread: Help with 2005 suzuki king quad reverse problems

Default Help with 2005 suzuki king quad reverse problems

-2005 Suzuki 700 King Quad bought brand new from dealer vin JSAAP41A45210309
    -2 miles when bought in Fall of 2005.
    -now has 1000 miles of light driving no mud
    -working on food plots this fall and put in reverse overdrive (b/c that is what dealer recommended everytime you go in reverse)
    -the bike will shift fine in forward High and Low and neutral
    -took to local ATV dealer b/c the warranty went out
    -I had read of issues with the reverse of course after the purchase in 2005 and recall from Suzuki
    -dealer will not cover recall issue

Has anyone had the same issues and what was the outcome?

Any ideas other than paying the +Grand, Selling, setting on Fire, pushing off high cliff (not many here in Louisiana)...etc...

Thanks in advance for your advice....

Did the dealer accomplish all the recalls that were involved on this ATV?

Bought one when they first came out and if memory serves me correctly there were 2 or 3 recalls all involving the reverse issue.

Also remember something to the effect the trannie would be warranted for 4 years because of the same problem.

If this ATV is older than 4 years you will be paying for the repairs yourself. Could be a simple fix, or not. If the reverse gear did go out I think the cases have to be split to be repaired which is serious money.

Suggest you ask the same question on the Suzuki ATV or High Lifter Forums.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

yep, the 2005's had a reverse issue that would pretty much grenade the trans when it let loose.... sounds like you on your way to a pulverized tranny....

does it make any disturbing noises when you jack the rear axle, put it in reverse and rotate the wheels?

hit e-bay and pick up a 06 or 07 tranny to swap in. that will be your mose economical way to get back on the trail
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio