Thread: Knik report

Default Knik report

Can't find the old thread but I know there was a individual who wanted to know about the snow conditions on the Knick. As of last night you'll have plenty of snow for trail riding. My side of the river got about 6 inches of new powder last night on top of a 6 inch base.

Please be careful despite the changes made in the regulations and patrolling of the knick river area there are still to many folks out there who are a danger to themselves and others. Lots of kids riding over there on the weekends use your head 90 mph across gravel bars is fun but not when your ripping through the middle of 50 elementary school kids trying to learn to ride!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Do they keep the parking area at the pavilian plowed all winter?

Historically the lot by the race track is kept plowed. They even had the kindness of hart to make a couple of unloading piles so folks who haul in the back of there pickup, like me, have a convenient place to unload.

I spent the afternoon braking trails and I got to say it was wonderful! 12 inches of new snow now, no wind and temps in the upper teens. Visibility on the river was terrible do to tons of snow falling and very flat lighting so I stuck to trails.........did do a 65mph blast up my road on the way home.
    BHA Member
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

I love fresh powder!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BHA Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    I love fresh powder!
    there is a shampoo for that now....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

How do you get to the pavilion to park and unload your machine? Looking to take a ride tomorrow.

How far up can you go in a machine?

the high winds will blow that snow clean off the flats. just be drifts around.
    Semper Fi!