Thread: Pike in Nancy lake ?

Default Pike in Nancy lake ?

thinking of gitting some pike But hereing about Fig8 an flat horn
    not doing so good Any one been on Nancy lake ? I have some spots i hit in the summer maybe hit them next week

There are a few to be found, if your willing to put in your time.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Everyone seems tightlipped on Nancy Lake. I haven't had much success out there myself, but then again, I don't know the lake structure and weedbed areas yet. Last year, I talked to a couple people out there who "say" they had been doing well "the week prior", or "doing better in the evenings" when I'm fishing the morning. Apparently right off the launch site, and off to the right is a hot spot (despite my lack of luck/skill), as that is where everyone seems to fish at. I have also seen blood around holes off the point to the left of the launch. I need to get the shack back out there and swing the decoy for a day again myself. My last visit I at least saw one in the hole!
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

I've had good days at Nancy, and I've had fishless days at Nancy, but I definitely had a lot more good days at Nancy two years ago compared to last year. I think that lakes been hit pretty hard. I know it got pounded during the derby spring of 08. And I've heard F&G has netted it pretty extensively. (Any confirmation on that??)

The places arcticcat mentioned see a LOT of pressure, relatively speaking, so if I were going to Nancy I'd try to find some different spots. I'm sure you could probably get some fish in there if you hit it right, but they can be scarce. I have seen some nice pike (10+ pounds) come out of there, but that's been the exception rather than the rule.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

So are they netting and taking the fish out?

Default net Pike

call fish an game they will tell you what they are doing just ask no big dark secret [you want talk to the people in the valley not the ones in Anchorage]

Print off a contour map of the lake, understand the habits of the fish your targeting and just go explore. Figuring out how and where to catch fish on your own is half the fun! Good Fishing.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Im sure they are netting it. You used to be able to catch some really nice pike at the bridge, but not anymore. There are still some nice ones in there but like said earlier, these winter pike derbies just pound the livin daylights outta these lakes around here.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

The boy and his first Pike! His Tip-up anyway, and he did do the bonking of the head to officially claim it! Nancy Lake still has a couple in it after-all! Fish-on!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

Thumbs up

Good job little dude!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"