Thread: xtreme winch

Default xtreme winch

Looking to buy a winch for my ATV. Have any of you had a winch made by "XTREME"? They have them on E-bay for what seems to be a very good price, but I don't want junk either.

IMO - Think Warn or Ramsey.....it is not good to have a cheap winch in the back country. If for a big bore (or large tired machine) think 2500# or more. Still it is a good idea to carry a snatch block. You have to ask yourself if it is worth the extra $200 to leave your $6000 machine all by its lonesome.

Default Warn or Ramsey

Cheap Ebay winches........gears are junk!

Like Dirtofak said also

Go with Warn or Ramsey............if you get a 2.5K warn check on the free upgrade kit from Warn on their recall........carry a snatch block and com a long.......syth. rope for the winch is great also!
    Alaska

Thumbs down Xtreme Winch = Xtreme Junk

Man,
    I sure hope you haven't purchased one of these pieces of junk. They are full of plastic , even the housing is plastic. Don't spend the money and go through hours of install, you'll be sorry. Mine broke on 3rd use. Lifting my atv snow plow for about 15 minutes or so. Smashed plastic bushings. Split plastic housing (that's right -it's PLASTIC), Pot metal spool cracked right down the center. Gears stripped. THERE IS NO WARRANTY. It says 6 month warranty but they lie. The warranty is simply they will sell you replacement parts to fix it your self. NO Product warranty.
    Go to www.xtremewinch.com & click on service. It says "Coming Soon!!
    I called Paypal and got the ebay seller "Xtreme Recovery" to email me. They are big time scammers. Their whole sales process is set up to decieve you. No contact phone number. No recourse. So many broken parts would cost more than the winch and then you have shipping charges. Hope this saves you from getting ripped off. For the full story click on my blog page below. good luck- RanMan68

http://xtremewinch.blogspot.com/

Thumbs down Xtreme Winch & Xtreme Recovery=Xtreme Ripoff

Man,
    I sure hope you haven't purchased one of these pieces of junk. They are full of plastic , even the housing is plastic. Don't spend the money and go through hours of install, you'll be sorry. Mine broke on 3rd use. Lifting my atv snow plow for about 15 minutes or so. Smashed plastic bushings. Split plastic housing (that's right -it's PLASTIC), Pot metal spool cracked right down the center. Gears stripped. THERE IS NO WARRANTY. It says 6 month warranty but they lie. The warranty is simply they will sell you replacement parts to fix it your self. NO Product warranty.
    Go to www.xtremewinch.com & click on service. It says "Coming Soon!!
    I called Paypal and got the ebay seller "Xtreme Recovery" to email me. They are big time scammers. Their whole sales process is set up to decieve you. No contact phone number. No recourse. So many broken parts would cost more than the winch and then you have shipping charges. Hope this saves you from getting ripped off. For the full story click on my blog page below. good luck- RanMan68

Quote Originally Posted by RanMan68 View Post
    Man,
    For the full story click on my blog page below. good luck- RanMan68
    So did you post an "after" pic at the bottom? I dont see it...

Thumbs up xtreme winch

Bought a 3000 lb xtreme winch over two hard years ago and it's still working just fine and all my friends ride Polaris so you know it gets a work out

I got two Warn 2500lb winches new in the box for sale, email me if you want one. They are great, I have Warns on both of our machines.

Default Xtreme Winch

Big Bear,
    Glad you didn't have to use the warranty on your xtreme winch. Hope you haven't had to buy a bunch of replacement parts to keep it working. Even the good reports I've gotten on their winches have said they "Only had to replace the rocker switches, relays, & cables".
    As I mentioned before this company is rude & definetly scammers.
    Good luck in the future!
    RanMan68

Those extremes must be cheap if price is your only consideration, because I've seen NIB's Warns on the bay for cheap. Some even had free shipping.

I think, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, a winch is something you need when you really need it. As such, I don't think cheaping out something that could qualify as a survival tool, as being a good idea.

Also, a snatch block is a must have. Configured correctly, a snatch block will double the pull strength of a winch.

Ken

What about Vipermax?

Quote Originally Posted by btadams1 View Post
    What about Vipermax?
    Warn, Superwinch, Ramsey

I had the 3000 Viper Max on my 800 Outlander Max. Loved it. Pulled extremely well and spent a lot of time under water and full of mud. The Moto Alliance people could not have been better to deal with as well. I had one issue which was caused by me that they took care of no questions asked. When I get another machine I'll buy another Viper.

Quote Originally Posted by upstream View Post

I think, as mentioned elsewhere in the thread, a winch is something you need when you really need it. As such, I don't think cheaping out something that could qualify as a survival tool, as being a good idea.

Ken
    You have my vote.