Thread: Hart Lake - location?

Default Hart Lake - location?

I am trying to locate Hart Lake and/or Upper Hart Lake. I think this is a local name for the lake which is located some 20 to 30 miles NE? of Talkeetna. I can not find it in the Alaska Atlas or in the National Geographic mapping CD's of Alaska. Perhaps someone might have some GPS coordinates or can help to pinpoint the location on the Alaska Atlas. Thanx

It's spelled Heart. Somebody ran off with my atlas out of my office so I can't give you coordinates. It's up Clear Creek (Chunilna creek on some maps) and is shaped like a hear on the map..north of Papa and Mama Bear Lake. A few rec cabins are there and there's usually a trail punched through when there is enough snow. Upper Heart is further northeast.

Not enough snow yet to get in to either lake without some serious trail building.

I've worked on land surveys on both lakes.

I just went out and got my GPS from my truck. Heart Lake is at N62deg 27.636' W 149deg 55.078', Upper Heart Lake (I'm pretty sure this is it) is at N 62deg30.000' and W 149deg 46.100'

Heart Lake is doable in a Cessna 206 with floats in summer. Upper Heart Lake is doable in a 206 with perfect wind and a great pilot at the stick. There is wreckage of a plane off the end of it. It's tight
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I think that's it - thanx Doug.