Thread: Can you help plan a day ride?

Question Can you help plan a day ride?

I have some friends that are going to be visiting next summer around the end of June that would like to either rent 4 wheelers and do a day ride or take a guided 4 wheeler trip. This is a family of 4 -- mom, dad, 2 boys about 8 and 10 -- with some experience, but nothing too extreme. Their goal is great scenery and to just have a really fun day. They would like to get muddy and be able to rip around, but I don't want to have to worry about them getting stuck all day and ending up not having fun, getting hurt, etc.

I was thinking they could either rent some machines from AK Toy Rental in Wasilla or take a guided trip with someplace like this: http://www.alaskatrailtours.com/

Does anybody have suggestions or recommendations on places to go, who to rent from, guided or not guided, etc?

Thanks! 'preciate the help!

Corn.

Eureka has it all, scenery, mud, and places to rip around.

A far more easy trip is the Eklutna Lake trail, open Sunday through Wednesday. Super easy trail with fantastic scenery and lots of wildlife.

I doubt you will find anyone who will rent kids machines. You probably are going to have to find 2-up machines or side by sides to rent.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I'm not sure what kind of tours Roger does, but he does ATV tours just north of the Susitna River at mile 103 or so on the Parks Highway.

You can contact him by PM here..just send a PM to Roger
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

rent some and take a trip to the top of B29 Baldi.
    Semper Fi!

For family-friendly terrain, consider the Jonestown pit to Buffalo Mine Road trail, and Petersville Road.

Thanks for the replies so far. Keep the ideas coming!

Do you think it would be more fun to rent machines and be out on their own, or go on one of the guided tours?

Doug- Thanks for the tip on Roger's tours. I knew a member here had a tour service, but I couldn't remember who it was and I couldn't come up with anything on Google. I will contact him.

Rep points all around

As mentioned before, Eureka has it all. Easy trails with plenty along the way to keep the more experienced riders interested. Plenty of obstacles with routes around them if you want to take it easier. Plenty of scenery as well. Plus, you can ride right up to the Eureka Lodge on your quad for a great burger and piece of pie at the end of the ride.

Petersvillle is a great choice as well. Great scenery but more of a "road" ride unless you take one of the many "swamp" trails along the way. Tons of fun.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/