Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Murphy

Default Where is Murphy

I had not been on the Alaska forums for some time and have not seen or heard from Murphy lately. Is Murphy ok? It is not normal to be on here this long and not see some posts or replies from him. I hope he is well.

He retired in October and I believe that he now resides in Missouri.

I have emailed him with no response. I too hope all is well with Murphy....I never met the man but his wisdom and the way he presents himself through this forum has earned him the respect of many.

I hope that it's just a case where he's so busy with stuff like family, killing African game with his 416 Murphy and what not to visit the forum!

Spoke to him about three weeks ago. He is enjoying his retirement and is looking at new ways to occupy his time. I'm sure he will eventually resume his posting activities.

Default Murphy in the brush...

I noticed he's still "Moderator" recently when I'm online here early AM hours.

A technical shooting ballistics disagreement or a rumor, like "I heard a Ruger Vaquero just blew up when shooting +P handloads" used to draw him out. I agree though, miss his regular commentary here.

Yeah I miss his knowledge as well. I sign on just to get a lesson but he's MIA.

I have learned a lot by reading between the lines. There is a message in the words he carefully crafts. He doesn't squash posters but the reasons he gives have a great amount of detail if you analyze what he says.

I've learned to research the methods to understand what he talks about and this has greatly improved my skills. Making better ammo and understanding why it actually results in better consistency and accuracy is the outcome.

Murphy seemed like a knowlegable person and I tried to read every post he had on the forum. The man was a wealth of information, and could explain things in a way that was easy to understand. I would like for him to get back in here and keep us straight. If busy, I understand just let us know you're alright.

yep.....Murph is a pretty cool dude! Kind and patient, he's made quite alot of friends here and I am certain he will continue as well. He has a wealth of information...he does not keep it to himself so I expect him back....don't worry.

best regards,

Default I miss the big lug head...

The rest of you guys are ok,,,,
    but...
    reading the threads without input from Murphy is like kissing your own sister, it don't count for much.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Yeah, I miss Murphy too.... Murph, if you're reading this, git yerself back in here!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    The rest of you guys are ok,,,,
    but...
    reading the threads without input from Murphy is like kissing your own sister, it don't count for much.

Well put. His reads are the main reason why I signed on. His knowledge is impressive. But, his writing is magic! I consider him the best writer I have ever read.

I met Professor Murphy around 5+ years ago, and I feel that I have gotten to know him a bit over the years. Aside from his extensive shooting & handloading experience and knowledge, he's truly one of the good guys in the world...actually one of the very best. He has generously shared so much with us that we all miss his participation during the past few months. However, I suspect that we'll hear his voice in the near future.

Doc (Chuck)

I agree Doc. I remember finding my way to his place here one dark snowy winter night a few years back for a reloading lesson. The rest is history... I'm hooked!

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

His advice and wisdom have sure helped me a lot.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

You gys are making me feel like I'm at a funeral!

I definetly miss his input also.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Maybe Murphy will read this post one day and check back in with all his forum friends. His knowledge is truely missed.

He did say he was going to have some of his writings published soon...maybe hes feverishly at the computer...just not here

Default +1

I continue to benefit from his contributions to our community. He is/was like the sage who would share all he could and always be the first to admit when he didn't know about something. A gentleman and scholar.
    I hope he returns when he can.

Default Alive and well...

I am alive and doing well, well traveled and very retired.....loving it.

I left Alaska for Argentina in an old Land Rover about the middle of October. I crossed the Arctic Circle and the Equater in the same vehicle within thirty days.. Loads of fun..

I've had lots to keep me busy over the past three months but will settle down at the old reloading bench very soon.

Thanks for all the kind words from my friends here and a hearty greeting to all with best wishes for a great year. More later.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Welcome Home!

Welcome home indeed...the professor returns just in time for the spring semester. Glad to hear that your relocation and travels went safely my friend.

Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast