Thread: Swift Scirocco II

Default Swift Scirocco II

Has anyone had some first hand experience with these bullets? They are factory loaded in Rem premier but I was looking for first hand with handloads. With a sectional density of .266 and ballistic coefficient of .515 in their 150 gr. 7mm bullet, it was too hard not to grab a box.

Default 150gr swift scirocco

I loaded some for my 7-08 & they are accurate. As far as bullet performance I have harvested a grizz ( squared 7'-2") @ 21 feet, I shot him in the neck & it all but severed his head off. I have also have killed some coyotes @ medium ranges (275yards & 380 yards) w/ range finder & it puts a nice exit wound about the size of a quarter. So i would say it expands nicely @ resonable ranges @ average velocities & still holds up to close quater shots. The exit wound on the grizz was probably 2 inch diameter. But I think that is due to the physics of momentium. The load I believe( I haven't loaded in awhile ) is 43.2 gr of Varget conied @ 2805 FPS @ 26 degrees F. Great BC so it actually shots flatter than most other 150's.

ak2go - thanks for the input, thats exactly what i wanted to hear. Bullet should do good in my 7m stw then. finally got all my supplies, time to start shooting.

I have a box of 6.5 130s Scirocco IIs and they were the worst shooting bullet I have ever shot out of a 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    I have a box of 6.5 130s Scirocco IIs and they were the worst shooting bullet I have ever shot out of a 6.5
    A quick question for you Ken. Do you think the poor shooting has anything to do with shooting an Italian named bullet through a German rifle in a Swedish cartridge by an American shooter? Maybe the components need a translator to know how to work as a team?

Quote Originally Posted by 1Cor15:19 View Post
    A quick question for you Ken. Do you think the poor shooting has anything to do with shooting an Italian named bullet through a German rifle in a Swedish cartridge by an American shooter? Maybe the components need a translator to know how to work as a team?

I was pretty bummed by it (Scirrocco is Spanish though isnt it?) since the bullets look so cool

Accubonds shot better

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    (Scirrocco is Spanish though isnt it?)
    The German made VW has a Scirocco in their line up but it comes from an Italian name.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    The German made VW has a Scirocco in their line up but it comes from an Italian name.
    Your right, but to really dig deep, its etymology might be Arabic