Thread: Scott Albany on canoe cart to avoid boat launches?

Default Scott Albany on canoe cart to avoid boat launches?

Has anyone moved a Scott Albany from a trailer, onto a heavy duty canoe cart, and then roll it into the water? How tough is this to do? This would be the standard way I'd like to launch the canoe.

I'm still thinking of upgrading to the Albany, but I don't want to be stuck with using a boat launch to get the canoe into the water.

Default canoe launch

spend the money it is a lot easyer on you the canoe an the air around you as all the 4 letter words that will fill the air will be tuff on it, just kidden use the boat launch it will save time in most places not all but most, an save on the damage to the canoe an more so with the heavy Scott [compaired to Grumman 19 SQ]

sid

Problem is that 99% of the places I go have no boat launch. I'm using the Clipper MacSport 18 but want something with more capacity. I wonder with the Albany weighs in Kevlar? There will be 2 of us to deal with the canoe, but I guess the difficulty will really come getting it out of the water and back onto the cart and trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Sid View Post
    spend the money it is a lot easyer on you the canoe an the air around you as all the 4 letter words that will fill the air will be tuff on it, just kidden use the boat launch it will save time in most places not all but most, an save on the damage to the canoe an more so with the heavy Scott [compaired to Grumman 19 SQ]

sid

Default Albany

I used a heavy duty canoe hauler to take my Scott Hudson Bay Freighter out my backyard down to the Hay River. I'd remove the motor. My hauler had a 300 pound capacity and I managed to put the big canoe on the hauler by myself. Once on it's like moving a heavy wheel barrow. The Albany would be fairly doable as long as it isn't really rough ground you are going over.

Arrow my Albany

I've only used a 16' flatbed trailer that I stapled astroturf to, to lessen the scratching. I can easily launch my Albany myself, and the remainder of the flatbed usually has lots of boating equipment on it, though I can actually take both my 4 wheeler AND my Albany on trips with this setup.

I love my Albany; its my most favorite boat I've ever owned - and the cheapest to own, maintain, and operate as well.

In addition to a 15HP 4 stroke outboard, I have an electric trolling motor (it still scoots along pretty good) for the no-gas-motor lakes, like Eklutna.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckjgc View Post
    Has anyone moved a Scott Albany from a trailer, onto a heavy duty canoe cart, and then roll it into the water? How tough is this to do? This would be the standard way I'd like to launch the canoe.

I'm still thinking of upgrading to the Albany, but I don't want to be stuck with using a boat launch to get the canoe into the water.
    I always throw mine on top of the truck.....but it's a little smaller lighter than an albany. You can really get into some places with a four wheel drive and put in wherever you'd like with a set up that doesnt use a trailer. I don't use a cart either.....I drag it to the water.

Default those maine boys

Quote Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak View Post
    I always throw mine on top of the truck.....but it's a little smaller lighter than an albany. You can really get into some places with a four wheel drive and put in wherever you'd like with a set up that doesnt use a trailer. I don't use a cart either.....I drag it to the water.
    If I was a freakishly hell for strong guy from Maine, I'd cartop my freighter, too.