Thread: Parker Frontier ?'s

Default Parker Frontier ?'s

I currently shoot a Parker Extreme Hunter Mag that has treated me well. However, with 06 bow prices dropping considerably due to the 07 models coming out, I find myself looking at a new Parker Frontier. I have shot it a couple of times at Sportsmans and like it. It appears to be a lot of bow for the money (particularly on sale). I have tried to find some feedback on other websites about the bow, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. One person at Sportsmans said these particular bows were having cam issues that required you to send the bow back to Parker as soon as you bought it. Another salesman at the same store said he had not heard anything of the sort. Has anyone else heard these rumors or had any experience, positive or negative, with this bow? I am also considering a Ross bow, but since I have had success with Parker in the past, I thought I'd give them a chance to earn my business again. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Shannon

Wink Parker again?

Hey Shannon I was at North Pole Archery this weekend and they had a Switchback XT with your name all over it. How much is sportsmans asking for those Ross bows?

Default Money bags Matt

We can't all afford those expensive Matthews like you Matt. Some of us have to settle for what we can afford there money bags. Shannon did you shoot any of the Bowtechs-they have allot of the older models you can get completely set up for around 500. Just shoot them all and buy what is comfortable even if it is a Matthews. But no feedback on the Parkers from me I have never liked how they felt when I shot them.

Default It's not about the money.

I shot quit a few bows before I bought my switchback. The way I look at it is buy what shoots best for you even if you have to save for a couple extra months. I would rather save up the cash and buy what i wanted then just settle for what I could afford at the time, but hey Shannon you proved that Parker you have know can bring blood so it can't be that bad of a bow.

I do like the Mathews, but $800 or more for a bare bow is tough to swallow. Seems like they get more and more expensive every year. The Bowtech's aren't bad either, but I've known a couple of Bowtech shooters who had tuning issues and eventually swithched to Mathews. Sportsmans does have some good deals on Diamonds and Bowtechs right now, and I definetly won't rule them out when it's time to buy. I was just curious about the Frontier by Parker though because they are known for producing a quality bow for less cost. Truth be told, I'll probably wait until next year to buy anything. I still have a couple of critters to harvest before I relegate my current bow to "back-up" status.

Shannon
    IYAAYAS

Default Iyaayas

Shannon, Eielson AMMO? I'm AMMO stationed at Elmendorf. Mathews is a pretty expensive bow, but well worth the money. I bought my Mathews in '96 and still use it today. It's still one of the fastest and smoothest bows out there today. Not the quietest though. But still knocks down big game every year. Just wait awhile and save up the money for a bow that will you will be happy with for a long time.

Rob
    IYAAYAS

Thumbs up

One heck of a happy owner of Mathews Lx ..Paid 850 out of fletchers .But dang Is this bow sweet ..Had it now for four years and not a thing worng ..Hits targets like a rock and and faster then any bow i have had in the past ..Yeah sure their high in cost..But IMO well worth it

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for all the insight guys. I think I'm going to wait one more year though before I make another bow purchase. Mine is shooting better than ever and try as I might, I just can't justify buying another bow so soon to Mama. Will probably look a little harder at Matthews when the time does come based on all the satisfied customers I've talked to. That many people can't be wrong, can they?

Robbentler, I was AMMO for 16 years. I joined the AKANG here at Eielson last year to stay in the great state of Alaska. I still know a few brothers down at Elmendorf and have an open door policy to them when they are in the Fairbanks area. I extend the same courtesy to you next time you're hunting or visiting up this way. PM me next time you're up this way and we'll get together.

Shannon
    IYAAYAS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RTC KJN View Post
    Thanks for all the insight guys. I think I'm going to wait one more year though before I make another bow purchase. Mine is shooting better than ever and try as I might, I just can't justify buying another bow so soon to Mama. Will probably look a little harder at Matthews when the time does come based on all the satisfied customers I've talked to. That many people can't be wrong, can they?

Rob
    Shannon
    IYAAYAS
    Nope no everyone can be wrong..And Yeah I know I cant justify buying a new bow ..In fact haven't had the need too