Thread: Glock 36...

Thumbs up Glock 36...

I have had this Glock 36 for several months. I put the XS Express sight on the rear and and the Standard Dot on the front. Both have the tritium dot. I picked up a half dozen extra mags and a Kramer Horsehide IWB and Serpa belt holster for it. This gun is a hoot to shoot and I am surprised at how good it shoots for me. No, it is not a target or game gun, but it will sure do for most social purposes! The only complaint I have is the mags won't drop free if they are empty. Oh well, nothing is perfect.....

The mags should drop free. You might want to check the molding to see if there is some flash that is causing friction in the mag well. A little touch up "polishing" will usually clear up this problem.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    The mags should drop free. You might want to check the molding to see if there is some flash that is causing friction in the mag well. A little touch up "polishing" will usually clear up this problem.

I second this response.

Question more info...

Where is the flash and where do I polish? Are you talking about the inside of the mag well? None of the mags drop when empty. I should have put this in the hand gun section.

Yep, the fact that none of the mags drop free points to the magwell. Look for areas that appear to be "dragging". You might see some scuff marks. You can get in there and buff those spots out with very fine emery cloth.

The mags should have steel inserts to keep them in shape. Do they drop free when they are loaded up? The extra weight is usually enough to overcome any friction spots. If it is just empty mags that aren't dropping, then you need to figure out where they are hanging up as the empties are supposed to easily drop free.

When you look into the mag well, you should see a molding line near the top that runs down each side and wraps around the front. Run your finger over that to see if there are any bumps or high spots. If there are, sand them off. Just go lightly and there's little risk of messing anything up. The entire inside of the magwell should be flat and smooth. Also take a look at the magazine release mechanism to be sure nothing is sticking out at that point.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Good info above, I would also consider lightly oiling the mags and put them in and out a few times and see if that clears up the problem. Run a rag coiled around a finger up inside the well and be sure it is clean. I have the same gun and agree with the others that this should not be an issue.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Smile ok then...

I will check out the mag well and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks Joat. Lets get together this summer at the Snow Shoe range and get some trigger time in. I know I need it. I won't blow big holes in your targets with the 870 this time.....

You've got a deal!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Also check that the magazine release isn't overtraveling and impacting the mag from the left side.