Thread: wide trak in deep powder?

Default wide trak in deep powder?

any one had the old polaris wide traks in deep mountain powder how do you keep from tipping on these big old work horses?

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakcassells View Post
    any one had the old polaris wide traks in deep mountain powder how do you keep from tipping on these big old work horses?
    I've played in the powder a bit on my 2000 widetrak lx. She floats darn well and climbs well too. They are very heavy so if you learn how to throw one of these around..........everything else feels like fluff. Extra wide ski skins are a big help on these work sleds too. Camoplast makes an "ice wide" track with 1.25 in. paddles that have built in studs........combine somthing like that with a 20 in. wide track.....I couldnt even imagine

Thumbs up YEP!

We have that track on the 06 VK Pro. It's works great for the icy hills and overflow problems when grooming and frieghting.
    And also you have to work that big sled in deep powder. But the more you get the front up and get movin the better off you are!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Default 92 lx

I have a 92 LX since new, I could tell you it is not a mountain machine,Too heavy, not enough paddle, not enough motor.There are far better machine,s out there designed for that type of riding.If that all you have, Keep your speed up, stay on the high side, some times with both feet on the same running board.Throw your whole weight into it. Have fun P.S. Bring shovel, for when you get stuck thats easier than trying to lift that thing.