Thread: Trijicon 1x4x24 AccuPoint

Default Trijicon 1x4x24 AccuPoint

kind of perplexing not finding much in regards to "personal" use and its reliability down the road within our hunting areas. How is this scope fairing by our forum shooters? Seriously wanting to put a new scope on my 1909 Arg. 9.3x64........had enough with Leupolds for now. Schmidt&Bender is out I believe with a Summit model 2.5-10x40mm....John Barnsness done a test on one this past fall I understand and it past his testing and ranks it very high.

The illuminated post with the triangle seems like a "likely" buy and would like to know more before I spend some major coin on the Summit.

Clarity first in a scope, reliability next. The importance in a very good scope I think needs the ability to decern(sp?) a target at morn when light breaks and at night when the sun settles down sum...not much to ask for is it?

appreciate any info

Default leopould ?

whats wrong with leopould??

I was wondering the same thing.

not saying anything "wrong" with them....just had enough with variables going back to customer service for now.

here's a good link

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post...TID=16515&PN=1

there was an older chart done up as you will note on the previous page on there site..some 19 pages.

I have the 2.5-10 by 52 Trijicon Accupoint with the amber triangle. I feel it is one of the best American made scopes you can buy. I've tried a few other Trijicons too and they are of equal quality.

I'd take a Trijicon over a Leupold and I like Leupold. Just saying.

www.outwriteoutdoors.com

well, could back pedal and say reliability first and then clarity.....if that is the case then fixed powers get the vote. I picked up a very fine M8-3X last yr. and have used it on both a aught six and currently on my 9.3x64. It is pretty clear as middle of the road scopes go.....S&B have an attractive fixed 4X for a tidy sum of 1 large bill. Been considering that for about a yr. alas, I still lean toward a variable.....the Trijicon is abit over seven hundred and could be worth it, just don't know.

The low powers work for me and have always, never needed much up past 3 power. The Leupolds that have been out of whack Vari-III 1.5x5, 1.75x6 x' 2, Vari-II 2-7, an old Vari-X 3x9 an a Vari-II 3-9.

My 30 caliber magnums, .338 magnums and .375 RUM were the most likely candidate.....recoil is the "demon". My experience.

High dollar scopes are subjected to the same recoil...some hold up better from my studies that is why I first stated the new Summit..seems tough. The Trijicons...ideal but lack any thorough experience within our "beloved" State and her shooters/hunters.

It is in many cases what you want to spend or willing and I am willing but.....

me confused? hope not

any help?

I have a 1.25-4 x 24 but haven't used it enough to test reliability and durability etc....It's too short to fit on my 375 so am waiting on a 1-4 model.....I put it on a 17HMR to take a couple foxes that come up behind the house at night.....love that reticle!

IMO that while hunting after sundown the reticle will be invisible before you lose sight of the animal......that's where my red topped post really comes into play. I'm also a bit biased as I prefer post reticles on my big game rifles...

I don't have any experience with the scope in question but the ACOG is a staple on M4's that have seen years of hard use in the desert. If they didn't hold up they wouldn't be there. I have talked to numerous front line troops and I have never heard a bad thing about them.

LuJon, my son has one too on his M4, done his first tour in Iraq and is heading over Afghan in March from Camp Pendleton. His ACOG never gave him any problems .... I am just wonderin if the hunting scopes and combat scopes are two different animals. Nonetheless, I believe I am going to after the holidays buy one from SWFA....be a part of a different breed of scope users. thanks

Merry Christ-mas everyone!

The Trijicon Accupoints are excellent scopes (the lenses are Japanese as are many of the parts, but they are assembled here)...we have put them on many dangerous game rifles and they stand up well.

I like the posts myself.

Can't wait to get down to Shot Show to see what they have upcoming for this year

I'm not much on the red or green, but the red is tops. The red post would be pretty hard to beat for a dangerous game scope!

Brett

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a 30mm 1x4 accupoint, did a search and was wondering... any more field test reports in the last year?

Quote Originally Posted by grizz106 View Post
    kind of perplexing not finding much in regards to "personal" use and its reliability down the road within our hunting areas. How is this scope fairing by our forum shooters? Seriously wanting to put a new scope on my 1909 Arg. 9.3x64........had enough with Leupolds for now. Schmidt&Bender is out I believe with a Summit model 2.5-10x40mm....John Barnsness done a test on one this past fall I understand and it past his testing and ranks it very high.

The illuminated post with the triangle seems like a "likely" buy and would like to know more before I spend some major coin on the Summit.

Clarity first in a scope, reliability next. The importance in a very good scope I think needs the ability to decern(sp?) a target at morn when light breaks and at night when the sun settles down sum...not much to ask for is it?

appreciate any info
    Take a look at the eye relief specs of the scope and consider which rifle you'd mount it on:

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...0&categoryID=5

With it's best eye relief rating (at the lowest setting) being 3.2, I wonder why they don't list what the eye relief would be when the scope is set on it's highest magnification. All scopes have a bit of variation with eye relief through the power range......why the h e l l won't they list it on their specs?! A trijicon 1-4 was the only scope that I've been tapped on the eye brow with(338-06), and I had my eye positioned as far back as possible, while still having a full field of view. If you're going to mount it on a 308.........great. If you're going to mount it on a 338........not so great.

mainer that is a good note on eye relief......have a McM on order now for my 9,3x64 and metal work being done for a .458WM so I've still time to dwell on Trijicon or the Night Force low power model. thanks and have a fine Christmas!

I checked my 1-4 30 MM and find very little difference in eye relief across the x range......loads of eye relief for me.....mounted on a Kimber Talkeetna.

I have a 1.25 x 4 on a WSm as it's too short for most 375 actions.....has a red triagle post that id good but I much prefer the green triangle on the 1-4 30 MMM.

This was my first year to try it and I was very pleased. The warm moose season kept the bulls from responding to calls.....after five hours of working one bull, he finaly responded right next to dark as it cooled. The green triangle on the black moose with fading light was very convincing for me.