Thread: Dillon Power Case Trimmer

Default Dillon Power Case Trimmer

Does anyone have any experience with the Dillon power case trimmer? It is spendy but if it is as well engineered as other Dillon products it should work good--tired of trimming with lathe or the Lee style trimmers.

I've been using one for around 15-20 years. Easily the fastest most consistant trimmer I've used. Probably my only gripe is that the die used that the case goes up into will typically squeeze the neck down a bit, thus increasing neck tension. But I've never really found that to be a problem. It'll trim cases as fast as you can run a single stage press. I get around 15-20 cases a minute. I wish they made a die for 30 carbine.

I have a Gracey trimmer I use a lot. It is separate from the press. High rate of production. Works well. I think Creedmore sells them in Oceanside Ca

Quote Originally Posted by gunbugs View Post
    I've been using one for around 15-20 years. Easily the fastest most consistant trimmer I've used. Probably my only gripe is that the die used that the case goes up into will typically squeeze the neck down a bit, thus increasing neck tension. But I've never really found that to be a problem. It'll trim cases as fast as you can run a single stage press. I get around 15-20 cases a minute. I wish they made a die for 30 carbine.

Many years ago Dillon had a lot more dies for the power trimer than they do now. I know because the folks that worked the desk then gave me all the old dies when they had a clear out. I had the first trimmer ever madeby Dillion but traded it back to them when the bearning gave out. The only trimmer I've ever hadthat you don't need to debur after trimming the case. I need to remount mine on one of my R-1000's. Most of the brass I run is .223 Remington onced fired so does not need to be trimed.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Went ahead and actually timed myself on 100 308 cases the other day. Right at 5 minutes for 100. Also contacted CH4D for a 30 carbine trimmer die, they have one for 51$ and change, should be on the way.