Thread: price of a Dan Wesson 44 mag

Default price of a Dan Wesson 44 mag

I am looking to sell a Dan Wesson 44mag double action pistol that has interchangeable barrels(a 4" and 6") and is in great shape. But I don't know how much it is worth. can any one tell me a rough idea where to price it?

Thank for your help

I just bought a used one locally w/ a 4" barrel for $400.

Go look on Gunbroker.com and see what they sell for.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Ah...DWs...does yours have a bit of Barney?

When you check GB, see what they SOLD for not what was asked. I've seen some go for so little (even on this site! $300-$350 range) I almost cried and some being asked for so much on GB I laughed. And there was a SS .41 with a HUGE pile of ammo, etc. for $700 on here...knees start to shake!

Best to put one barrel/shroud on the gun to sell and then sell the other by itself. Dan Wesson math...a .44 in excellent shape maybe $500, with an extra barrel/shroud, maybe $600. The extra barrel/shroud by itself maybe $150+. I've bid more and been beat by more for excellent shrouds, and some good deals I missed out on.

What style shrouds, what is their condition, blue or SS, where made? I'm looking for a 6" blue barrel set if you're wanting to split your set up and it's what I'm looking for. Most are set up in the 6" or 8" to sell, don't know how a 4" revolver would sell.

Good luck!

In Alaska, expect between 350 and 500. DW's just don't sell.

If you've got the tool for changing the barrels, PM me a couple pictures and what kind of price you're looking for and we may be able to make a deal.

Dan Wessons sell without any problems in and outside Alaska they are great pistols and being able to change barrels is a nice addition.

The majority of the ones I have seen are stainles with one barrel and they have gone for around $500 with an etra barrel or two they normally go for $600 on up depending on condition and how many extras were included.

I have seen a couple of complete kits that sure had me drooling!

I'll have to jump on the bandwagon (and I'm not in the market) that says maybe 500ish w/both barrels. I've bought & sold nice ones with one barrel for under $400. Used ones seem to sit quite a while on the dealer shelves around my area if they take them at all. Too bad, they are quality weapons.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Quote Originally Posted by trapperdan View Post
    I am looking to sell a Dan Wesson 44mag double action pistol that has interchangeable barrels(a 4" and 6") and is in great shape. But I don't know how much it is worth. can any one tell me a rough idea where to price it?

Thank for your help

So did you find out how much you have to pay someone to take it off your hands?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson