Thread: 375 H&H load data needed

Default 375 H&H load data needed

Anyone reloading and shooting the 270 grain Barnes TSX bullet in their 375 H&H rifles? Any results to share and what powders are favored?

Thumbs up Rl 15

78.0 of IMR 4350 and WLRM primer in WW cases

79.0 on Win 760
    Alaska

Default 375 & 270 TSX's

I like RL 15 with bullets weighing under 300 grains in the H&H. But couldnt get enough in there w/ the length of those TSX's. The most I could get in the case was like 4 grains below max. That was with bullets seated to SAAMI max. So I tried them with IMR 4064, and wasnt impressed at the range. This particular rifle can be picky though.

Thumbs up Reloader 15

Reloader 15 is also a excellent powder in the 375Hh
    Alaska

Default Reloader 15...

About 72 grains and a 270 grain what ever bullet is a good place to start.

H4350 for 300 grainers.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Matt...I'm surprised you didn't get more responses to your inquiry. I didn't bother to initially reply because I figured you'd be swamped with info from others. I mean come on, it's Alaska, a .375H&H, and Barnes TSX's....

In my Browning A-Bolt, I load the 270 XXX's just like I did with the original X's: 76 grains of RL-15 and CCI magnum rifle primers. I find that there is plenty of room in the case for XXX's with that amount of powder. I have not had pressure signs that I can detect, but of course each rifle is different. I am also compulsive about measuring the OAL in all of my rifles before contact with the lands, and bullet seat accordingly.

Good luck sir,
    Doc

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen. I get my rifle back from the gunsmith this week, but that gives me a couple of days still to get some ammunition loaded up. Almost ready for another spring brown bear.

Doc,

Is 76 grains of RL-15 a max load? If so, I'm going to work a couple of grains below that just to check my rifle for pressure signs.

Matt,

Yes, 76 grns of RL-15 is the published max load for the original X's in the most recent Barnes reloading manual. It is always wise to drop down and work your way up slowly...just as all the manuals caution and as careful and safe practice of our hobby dictates. I have reached 76 grains doing just that, and I have found that the X's (in my rifle) like to be moving fast. I have no apparent pressure signs, and the accuracy is where I want it to be. Again, that's my rifle...your mileage may vary...

Also, you may want to visit the Barnes web-site if you have not already done so. They suggest and even state that the TSX's may be able to allow the reloader to push up past the published max's for the original X's a grain or grain and a half...again working a half grain at a time and monitoring pressure signs. Personally, I see no practical reason to do that with this load.

Good luck sir,
    Doc