Thread: Underwater Cameras

Default Underwater Cameras

My wife loves gadgets. She strongly hinted that she was interested in a Underwater Camera when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas. Not one that a diver would use but one with a viewing screen that you lower from a boat or icefishing. I've checked out Cabelas and Sportsmans but I would like to know if anyone has ever used one and what they think about them. She is interested in using it both in a lake and Ocean when we are fishing for rock bass. Just what I need is another gadget in the boat, but Happy Wife = Happy Life

Default Camera's

I have seen pictures off the camera's and they are pretty neat. It gives you a better idea of what the fish are doing and how they are reacting to your bait. Splash Cam is a good one but it costs more than the cheaper models. You must first figure on how deep you are going to fish? The cost of the cable is fairly high. You can get cameras with a monitor or you can get it set up to run on a computer. I just purchased 1 on Ebay that comes with 250ft of cable. I am going out to Harding Lake and go down about 100ft looking for Burbot. Cabelas has some for sale that people have posted reviews on that may give to some help. On ebay go to fishing and type in camera.

Ice fishing Underwater camara in the ice fish thread will answer all your questions

Default underwater camera

Yeah check out the icefishing forum.
    Also look at http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com. Gary has some nice video on his site from a guy in homer who goes by Cohodave. He has got one he hooks up to his downrigger cable while salmon trolling. He is also working with Dave on a presentation on how his camera gear is hooked up.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Thanks for the tip. I don't ice fish so I never checked out the new forum. Got all my info. Video on AOJ was pretty cool also.

Default Underwater video footage

Forgot to mention if you do go to the http://alaskaoutdoorjournal.com
    website and look at the private angler reports you will see a lot of different video by cohodave. Salmon sharks following the bait, Kings ,Silvers. Murres, Ling cod and probably a few others.
    It is amazing what follows his bait most of witch he never would have known without the video footage.
    Aquaview does make a boat mounted system with a small tv screen you mount on your boat so you can watch while trolling and such. Have not seen one of these systems in ation but might be an option for you to look at.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

The videos by CohoDave are awesome. The tread in the Icefishing forum was very helpful.

This may be a bit late but the Cabelas Cameras are decent if water conditions are fairly clear, the aquaviews are a bit better but not $200 dollars better and the marcums are good as well (they make a color one for 500 bones that has an lcd screen, this may not be the way to go in the winter).