Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Partners......LOOK HERE!!

Default Looking for Partners......LOOK HERE!!

Thought I would start a thread on here kinda like the dating sites on the net, except this is where we can come on here and link up to go out and do some calling. For those of you that might know and don't know, I video my hunts and it's hard to do by myself but I make it work, I'm getting ready to post up the fox video I shot before I went on vacation to share with you all. I'd be up for hooking up on a weekend or week day as my schedule is all open as of right now. So if anyone wants to get together and do some calling and get it on video ( don't worry I'll work it up and make sure you get a copy ) then by all means I'm game.

Default Sounds interesting

I would be up for meeting folks that like to call, and can share info, technique, etc. My schedule allows weekends only for longer trips, but I am not adverse to trying short night hunts during the week. I can get by on 5 or 6 hours of sleep once in a while.
    When I go with somebody else, I always try to keep their locations, whether a fishing hole, duck swamp, or moose bog confidential. If I show them a spot, I expect the same thing. It is not that I "own" it, but I hate to think that the next time out I am going to find 3 other guys out there compliments of my partner.
    This is a good idea Mike, thx.

No explanantion necessary Rat, that is a good policy!

This sounds like a good idea. If there is anyone on the peninsula that would like to go out, week days are good for me but am open to some weekends too. I just ordered everything to make a caller but have little expierence with critters.

Well I up for jetting up to Fairbanks as well around here in Delta. Like you Rat I'm the same and would expect the same. My fox video is almost uploaded and you guys can see some of my work in progress, I'm working on making a video of calling preadators in alaska. It's kinda a side project and hobby I'm getting into. Since I work more of a seasonal job I have lots of play time during this time of year, so I'm game for whatever. And as mentioned helping others and sharing ideas out in the field would make for better calling setups, and who knows maybe increase the odds a little.

Good thread idea Mike....I stuck it for ya.

I'm always up for getting out and blowing on the call or on the e-caller. Delta jct. is a bit far away, but if you ever make it to the Valley, look me up!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Thanks, I was wondering how these threads became sticky's........now I know. I'm heading out today actually, down through the pass and take the sleds and see what I can't muster up. A buddy of mine wants to go before he has to heads out of state. And don't worry I'll video it and if we get anything I'll post on the fourm.

cool! I'll try and hit someone up. Ive never used an e-caller in all my years but this cold air gets my asthma acting up so I cant use my mouth calls as long so Im in the process of making an e-caller anyhow hope everyone has some luck. Almost forgot Im working on some loads right now so I'll be ready during x-mas vacation.

Default Who's game

Looking at next week if anyone is free to do some calling. Don't matter if down here, the pass, or up in squarebanks. Hit me up if you wanna go and get it all on video.

Mike, nice of you to put out the offers. I would love to go out one day but its kinda a far drive. Maybe I will have to do the drive later in the spring if you are still into it. Chris

Default fox snares

I heard you snared a fox on your vacation, bout time. I'm off work for a while so if you want to get together for some shooting let me know. I got a new 5mm coming to replace my old broke one and want to try it out. If you want to head up to the white mtns you can crash at my place and we can take the sleds. I know a few places that are loaded with tracks.

Default AKmud

I'm also in Wasilla. Would you like to meet and see if we can work some hunts. I am fairly flexible. Shoot me a PM.

Default Wanting to learn

If anyone doesn't mind me tagging along, I would like to learn how to trap and call predators. I don't even want to shoot anything, just observe an learn. I'm willing to do whatever dirty work you need done (like cleaning and skinning, just need to show me how its done). I'm fairly young and strong so I can haul stuff. I don't have a snow machine or ATV but I sure can walk a long ways. I live in North Pole and I am generally around on weekends after January 10th. I'm in the Army and have been up here for around 4 years, so you don't have to worry about me whining and complaining that my feet are cold.

Default You scratch my back....I scratch yours

I have Dermested beetles that i use to clean skulls for a few local taxidermists, If anyone is willing to take me out and do some hands on predator calling/trapping in return i could do a few of your skulls. I have my own 22-250, traps, and a wheeler. My old partners have resorted to shooting animals on their XBOX...not my idea of a well spent weekend.
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default I'll bite

I live in Anchorage but I'm willing to drive a few hours either way. I just bought another snow machine so I'm looking for someone who likes hunt to go with me. I don't have any secret honey holes but I'm all about exploring and finding some new areas to do some calling.
    I'm usually off on weekends so let me know. I'd like to go explore some of trails down south but I've never rode down that way.
    Thanks,
    pm me if anybody wants to go.

Thumbs up Can I play?

I'm game. I just started predator hunting 2 years ago and am always looking to learn more techniques. Every time that I go out I try very hard to learn something fresh. I use mouth calls and so far, I've done "OK". I've got a tack driving 22-250 that put down 3 coyotes last year and 1 coyote and 1 fox so far this season. As far as I'm concerned, that barrel is just getting warmed up. I shot a wolf at the end of this last moose season, but that's another story. It's still a predator though. I live in the valley and work on the slope. So my schedule is 2 on/2 off. When I'm off, daytrips throughout the week or even a night trip or two would be cool. Not too interested in heading any further north of Glennallen or Cantwell. I have a 4 wheeler only at this time, but I might be able to borrow a sno-go from a buddy. Most weekends are off due to my limited time with the "boss", but not completely out of the question. PM me if interested.

Default I am up for it

I live in Eagle River and have most weekends off. I have several mouth calls and a FoxPro FX3 that needs broken in. I do not have a sled or atv as of yet but trying to work on that. I do have a 22-250 and several 223's that shoot great!

Hit me up if you have a spot you want to try out or just need a hunting buddy for the weekend.

MontHunter

Default Just Moved to the Valley

I just move over from Kodiak and really would like to meet some other hunters that I can rely on. If you want to trade some info on local hunting here I will do the same for bear hunting in Kodiak as well as the fishing and small game.

I lived in Kodiak for 15 years and have helped over 7 friends take bears as well as a 9'10" of my own so I'm very savy when it comes to the outdoors.

If anyone is interested please drop me a line.

Thanks

Default Week Day Rider

I thought I would run up to Willow/Trapper Creek area this coming Tues or wed. Plan on being out for 2 or 3 days and doing some calling. Just starting predator hunting so I'm not expecting alot of success but just looking to get out of Anchorage for awhile. Anyone else out there got some time off during the week and want to split the gas let me know. I have plenty of room on the trailer.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Default Me too

I'm in Eagle River and am always looking for someone to get out with. Got a 4 wheeler no sled yet. Got weekends off and every other friday. Very flexible schedule this time of the year so I can always take an additional day off here or there. Would sure like to work on some technique and share ideas and maybe even call in a predator.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast