Thread: LL Bean Aquastealth

Default LL Bean Aquastealth

Anyone here fish the LL Bean aquastealth or the cabela's guidewear rubber? If you have, would love to hear about your experience.

I know...I know, the Simms are sweet. Just want to hear about those Bean's before making any decisions...

I have been using the Aquastealth bottoms for 8 years (Simms and Korkers) and LOVE them. I read the L.L. Bean specs but they don't list what the sole material is, the Simms and Korkers are made from 510, which stays rubbery in cold water, if these are the same bottoms ( I would assume they are) they are a great bottom is most every river bottom condition.

I will say, IMO, that a rubber soles functinality can be dependant on the persons size. I think the bigger a person is aides to them more.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

Quote Originally Posted by akgloomis View Post
    I have been using the Aquastealth bottoms for 8 years (Simms and Korkers) and LOVE them. I read the L.L. Bean specs but they don't list what the sole material is, the Simms and Korkers are made from 510, which stays rubbery in cold water, if these are the same bottoms ( I would assume they are) they are a great bottom is most every river bottom condition.

I will say, IMO, that a rubber soles functinality can be dependant on the persons size. I think the bigger a person is aides to them more.
    akgloomis,
    Thanks...hadn't thought about type of aquastealth, ie 510. will research some...thanks for the note.

luckily, i'm a big boy

re: 501 aquastealth...i checked with their reps at ll bean - they didn't know.

more research revealed http://www.stealthrubber.com/formulas.php - i think all the aquastealth rubber is the same. anyone that has any other info, I'd love to hear it.

Planning on ordering the boots soon...

Default I've had a pair of LL Beans for over 3 years now

And maybe longer than three years now that I think about it. I think they were the first year LL Bean had them, I bought them just prior to a float trip on the Happy River because they looked really comfortable (they are) durable (they are) and sticky (they are) I still wear them, they are in super shape. I absolutley love them... no more slipping on floats or boats (they do make nice black rubber marks on the hull though!) And plenty sticky for my rafting, fishing, and boating habits. I spend a lot of days on the water over the course of a summer.

To follow up - fished the LL Bean aquastealth today in some cold, cold Colorado water today...really slimy stuff too. They were really great. I fished this same river about 2 weeks ago and actually felt more unstable in my felt. (Is that an oxymoron???)

Not to mention my short hike in was actually pleasurable.

Sure that the Simms are even sweeter, however comma, these Beans appear to be a great low cost option.