Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optimax 200 sport jet

Default optimax 200 sport jet

What the best impeller for me to get this next season. Any ideas on what works and doesn't. What would you do if you owned the same boat i do Sea Ark pedator. For more speed

more speed?...what is your top end right now?.....what are your numbers heading down/up the Big su roughly empty?
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Down river gps 38 to 40 up river 32 to 35. on gps

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    more speed?...what is your top end right now?.....what are your numbers heading down/up the Big su roughly empty?

I can see why you want more speed...your numbers should be about 48-49 down river and 40+ upriver....(empty)

Im not sure if there are many impeller options for the SJ...are you running the stock impeller now?...

how's your holeshot?....is it solid or do you cavitate a bit?...can you go wide open from a stand still and not slip/over rev?

How's the bottom of your boat?...is it pretty beat up?...

how's your boat run WOT?...does it porpoise at all? does your bow seem to be riding high?

what RPM are you hitting at WOT?
    pull my finger....

Even when it was new I never seen that high of numbers. As for the bottom. It's dented all to ...... But thats fine it's at silver steak right now getting a new bottom. That isn't preformed out of a press. Thats stonger and using marine grade aluminium 5086 i believe It don't cavitate pretty solid and the bow dose ride high.

Default Bottom play a role...

Yepp, if your bottom is beat to heck, peformance suffers. On that note, what's your max RPM?

I believe 5500 I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Turner View Post
    Yepp, if your bottom is beat to heck, peformance suffers. On that note, what's your max RPM?

Default 5500

I've seen rpms nearing 6K with worn out impellers/wear rings. I'm guessing you've the pump, thus the impeller with you? If so, check for cavitation burns. If she ain't burn't and clearance is with-in specs, I'd leave it alone and see if the new bottom gets your speed up.

Thats what i going to do plus i going to order a High skew impeller and go from there. Thanks mike

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Turner View Post
    I've seen rpms nearing 6K with worn out impellers/wear rings. I'm guessing you've the pump, thus the impeller with you? If so, check for cavitation burns. If she ain't burn't and clearance is with-in specs, I'd leave it alone and see if the new bottom gets your speed up.

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    Thats what i going to do plus i going to order a High skew impeller and go from there. Thanks mike
    a very tight high skew will make a noticeable difference in speed....you'll go slower top end....I lost about 5mph....but I preferred the noticeable change in the hole shot...
    pull my finger....

I guess this spring we will just have to go for a ride.

a very tight high skew will make a noticeable difference in speed....you'll go slower top end....I lost about 5mph....but I preferred the noticeable change in the hole shot...

I guess this spring we will just have to go for a ride.
    I'd like that.......lots of fish to rustle up right after ice out....

I just happen to have a spare impeller and sleeve for sale cheap if you'd like to get a steel insert installed in the sleeve and have the impeller built up....your hole shot will be impressive....but you'll lose top end....
    pull my finger....

How much top end did you loose mph, I'm on the slope right now and will be for a another 10 weeks or so. But I would like to buy the impeller Not to sure about the sleeve my boat oly have 70 some hours on in and I think the sleeve is still good.

I'd like that.......lots of fish to rustle up right after ice out....

I just happen to have a spare impeller and sleeve for sale cheap if you'd like to get a steel insert installed in the sleeve and have the impeller built up....your hole shot will be impressive....but you'll lose top end....

For more speed
    Going to order a High skew impeller and go from there. Thanks mike
    You want more speed then don't get a High Skew. I really liked mine but you loose top end while gaining hole shot.
    My boat only has 70 some hours on in and I think the sleeve is still good.
    I bet the sleeve is shot if the bottom is shot.

Best you are going to do for speed is stock impeller with a new sleeve. The new bottom will help too. When my XS was new with no dents and tight impeller it would almost touch 50mph.

If you dont mind me asking how much is the new bottom costing at SS?

How much top end did you loose mph, I'm on the slope right now and will be for a another 10 weeks or so. But I would like to buy the impeller Not to sure about the sleeve my boat oly have 70 some hours on in and I think the sleeve is still good.

I lost about 5mph on top with the high skew...the fit was so tight after getting it back from the welder I had to file it down to put it back together...the hole shot was impressive...

the impeller and sleeve are $100 for the pair (dirt cheap)...they are not new...I used them for about 50 hours....they will work 'OK' in the present condition but I wouldn't put them in my boat without a little work...I'd spend the $300 to get a stainless insert in the sleeve and the impeller built up tight....so for $400 you'll have a better than new combo because the stock sleeve is aluminum and the stock clearance between the impeller and sleeve is laughable....that is less than half the cost of a new impeller and sleeve....that's what I'd do anyways....guarantee you'll notice the difference....the impeller is not the high skew though...it is the stock impeller so you shouldn't notice a loss of top end as long as you are getting full RPM....heck, I'll even help you make the swap...
    pull my finger....

sold sounds good How long dose it take to take the sleeve out.

I lost about 5mph on top with the high skew...the fit was so tight after getting it back from the welder I had to file it down to put it back together...the hole shot was impressive...

the impeller and sleeve are $100 for the pair (dirt cheap)...they are not new...I used them for about 50 hours....they will work 'OK' in the present condition but I wouldn't put them in my boat without a little work...I'd spend the $300 to get a stainless insert in the sleeve and the impeller built up tight....so for $400 you'll have a better than new combo because the stock sleeve is aluminum and the stock clearance between the impeller and sleeve is laughable....that is less than half the cost of a new impeller and sleeve....that's what I'd do anyways....guarantee you'll notice the difference....the impeller is not the high skew though...it is the stock impeller so you shouldn't notice a loss of top end as long as you are getting full RPM....heck, I'll even help you make the swap...

Around 15 to 16 grand...................The insurance company safe and ski. They were great when i called them. the frist question he asked were was the boat. They we very happy when I told them it was in the driveway. I guess another guy called and they spent a ton off money getting his boat back from were he was. But they told me take some pics and the name and cost from a boat shop. I did emailed them to him. No sh--t I checked my mail 5 days later I had a check for the amount to fix the boat. I'm very impressed with safe and ski. The boats at silver streak right now. I would post some pic but he hasn't email me any yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skybust View Post
    If you dont mind me asking how much is the new bottom costing at SS?

sold sounds good How long dose it take to take the sleeve out.
    my first time took about an hour to get it off and about an hour to re-assemble....

2nd time was 25min off and less than 40min back together...

I've been getting faster each time I do it..., but I clean/lube/loc-tite each bolt, that prep takes nearly half the time...

super easy, basically just pulling bolts...
    pull my finger....

Around 15 to 16 grand...................
    Holy Cow!.......I think I would have purchased a nice sledge hammer and a case of beer, called a buddy and got to work......and pocketed the change.......

what'd you hit?....or for that price, maybe I should ask "What didn't you hit?".....lol...any pics of the damage?...
    pull my finger....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast