Thread: Issues with Barney's Pack

Exclamation Issues with Barney's Pack

I live in Australia and recently purchased a Carnivore Freighter Frame and the Kevlar Hunter Bag. When I received it there was a problem with it. The middle pocket was missing zipper pulls on the zip, and zipper was sealed closed. I was a little upset by this because I live so far away from Alaska, and had specifically asked Bob to check the bag and frame before it was sent.

So I emailed Bob Hodson and explained what had happened, and attached pics of the issue. Bob replied next day extremely sorry for the mishap and took ownership of the problem from the get go.

I only required 2 zipper pulls to correct the problem, as I could get them easily fitted locally; but Bob sent me (via international express post) 5 zipper pulls, a hand written apology and a Havalon Piranta Edge knife as a gift!

Now even the very best suppliers can have issues (we're all human), but itís how they handle those issues that separate the truly outstanding companies from the mob. Itís so refreshing to see that there are still companies that have superior customer service, and Bob Hodson and the blokes from Barney's Sports Chalet are one of those that still remain.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

glad he worked it out for ya... my aunt comes up from melbourn every few years and says the same thing... service here is much better then there..

glad to hear there are still many Neighborly Alaskan values out there.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Oh no!!! I'm sorry for the mishap. That's a freak occurance for sure. A few in every batch have problems, but VERY few! What bad luck. I'm glad it worked out for you!

Brett

This is too Funny!!! Last winter I ordered a Hunter pack and Frame from Barneys.

When it arrived I couldn't figure out how to open the middle pocket in the back center of the pack. I had my wife try it, then I had my kids try it( their smarter than I), but no luck. It was a mystery! I called Barneys and asked how do you open the middle pocket? The answer was, use the zipper! I replied, what zipper? LOL!

Barneys took care of it, but this thread made me chuckle... Have a good day.... Ken

Default Superior Customer Service

Lawson,
    The superior customer service you received from Barneys Sports, owner Bob H., was for the most part standard behavior. For over twenty years Bob H. has taken care of my product problems, often when my problem was a result of my own use/misuse of one of his products. And that is why I continue to purchase stuff there. And that is also why I encourage my client-hunters to shop there.

Isn't it great that every now and then we can say something complementary about somebody or a company!

dennis

Default Couldn't agree more...

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaTrueAdventure View Post
    Lawson,
    The superior customer service you received from Barneys Sports, owner Bob H., was for the most part standard behavior. For over twenty years Bob H. has taken care of my product problems, often when my problem was a result of my own use/misuse of one of his products. And that is why I continue to purchase stuff there. And that is also why I encourage my client-hunters to shop there.

Isn't it great that every now and then we can say something complementary about somebody or a company!

dennis

Same general experience myself. I'll admit, I'm fairly frugal (cheap), but if Barney's has a product I am looking for, I don't even shop around. Customer service like his is all but gone now adays!

Thumbs up

I guess I know where I am going to pick up a pair of Scarpa Liskamn boots !!!
    Can't beat service like that .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Thanks for sharing

that info! I try to buy some things from there when I do my "annual" pre-sheep hunt shopping. I try to do the same at Wiggy's also!

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER RICK View Post
    I guess I know where I am going to pick up a pair of Scarpa Liskamn boots !!!
    Can't beat service like that .

RR
    You won't be dissapointed by those boots or the service at Barneys. Both are TOP NOTCH.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."