Thread: what i a good predator call for lynx, wolf, fox?

Default what i a good predator call for lynx, wolf, fox?

ok,

i have been wanting to do some predator calling on a nice hill near where i live...lots of lynx on the top, the wolfes and fox run the bottom of the hill....

but, what should i use? cottentail, jackrabbit, a coyote call????....or, maybe a mouse for close up and a mid and long range jackrabbit????

and what brand? wood over plastic...

i have used the plane jane plastic in texas to call up- alot of coyote with a rabbit distress.....

thanks,
    scotty
    Scotty in the AK bush

The sound that you use is not all that important, most predators will come to just about any distress call . I have had a coyote come in to jackrabbit distress and we dont even have any up here . One of the biggest mistakes people make up here when calling is not staying at the stand long enough. 15 minutes to1/2 hour for the most part wont cut it. if you can stick it out fo 45 min to 1 hour. Sounds like you got a good spot picked out with lots of sign . Check this web site http://www.predatormastersforums.com out and look under the custom call makers forum they have a bunch of good ol boys making all kinds of sweet custom calls(wood,horn,plastic,open reed,closed reed). Good luck and post up some pics when you knock one down..

Todd
    LOVE MY LITTLE SKULL CLEANERS

Sent you a PM
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!