Thread: Any kenai updates?

Default Any kenai updates?

Was thinking about either going bunny thumpin or fishing tomorrow. Anyone been fishing the kenai lately? Would it be worth the drive?
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

awefully cold man. 0 in sterling and cooper landing is usually colder. last time i look at the moose river bridge she had slowed down some with ice floating. Also pretty shallow from what a guide told me the other day too. I've been wanting to get out myself to try out my new simms g4 wading boots but it's pretty cold now.

i haven't checked the weather but maybe if we can get a warm up through next week i would think by next sat. a launch would be worth a try and the rod guides wouldn't be iced up as much. it's cold. we might not get another chance but by the cooper landing bridge. if anyone goes, have a good one & build a nice fire

i took a closer look the other day and the river is wide open. Still anyone fishin

Unhappy Couple days ago

I went out a couple days ago and for the first time this winter, not one pick up. Not even one of the ugly silvers in there and they were pretty thick. I would dunk my rod in the water just before picking up the line and after two false casts I would try to lay out the line and it was full of ice again, as well as all my guides. Guess I'll give it up for the winter and switch to ice fishing gear. Water was shallow but not much ice on the edge so you could walk into the water ok. This was just before the snow started. If it gets warm again, I might try it again, but I can't fight the ice any longer. My line was so heavy with ice during the cast, it would flop onto the water. Too cold for me, finally. It was fun while it lasted. I was a ways downriver from Skilak.