Thread: 375 Ruger info

Talking 375 Ruger info

I'm trying to find reloading info for my 375 Ruger. None of the shooters bibles that I can find has them listed, everyone said it is too new to be listed. I have the powder info but need the case info. Where can I find the info like that, that is listed in the shooters bible for the other calibers?
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

Default 375 Ruger info

Not sure what your asking for here is reloading data RL 15 & H 4350 are your best powders
    IMHO 270 gr use RL 15 300 Gr H 4350 do a Google search lots of info out there.

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Default 375 Ruger case info:

Send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll send you what I have.

BG
    BG

Talking

Will try the Google search. FltoAk05 I sent you a PM. Thanks

I just completed a test with RL-17 and 300gr TSX's a few weeks ago, results were very good. I got the best accuracy and velocity to date in any combination of 300gr bullets and multiple powders for my rifle. Start at the beginning, chronograph data, charges, COL's and pictures are posted.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=66665

Thumbs up 375 Ruger Data

http://www.realguns.com/archives/144.htm

RL15 @ 72.0 with 260 Accubond is what I use in my 375 Ruger Alaskan

Talking

Thanks Bush Hunter. I went back and read all the post and then printed it off for future planing. I also just got an email from Hornady and you are using some of the same powder they recommend.

I also used the realguns chart a couple of years ago when searching for data. I found that Hornady's email information is low on velocity and they use a lot of ball powders in their free information.

The current publications from Hodgdon, Barnes, Lyman and Nosler have 375 Ruger data. The data from Hodgdon is why I tried RL-17, it pointed to H-4350 with the 300's and RL-17 is right there in burn but betters the push. The Barnes data is unrealistic, they publish velocities that are unobtainable in a 20" - 23" tube. Lyman's data is pretty good. Noslers data is spot on but you will need to find a COL that works in your application.

RL-15 @ 73.5gr gave the best results in my rifle with 260gr Accubonds COL 3.340 and 2834fps with groups @ .703, that was my hunting load in 2008. Since then RL-15 @ 74.0gr with 270gr Barnes TSX COL 3.313 @ 2735fps has bettered the Accubond accuracy with groups @ .480, splitting hairs here either load is great.

The results I posted with RL-17 and 300gr TSX's have eclipsed all testing to date with my rifle. I do have 2 boxes of 300gr Accubonds sitting on the bench, I may work up a load or I may give them to a buddy with a 375H&H, time will tell.

Have fun, be safe and share your results with us.
    Last edited by marshall; 12-12-2009 at 09:07. Reason: typo

Thumbs up load

Blue thunder

I know my load with 72.0 of RL 15 with 270 SP or 260 AB is not top vel.....but very accurate. Not to hard on the rifle........moose is the only thing I hunt in the Fall........I have yet to carry my 375 Ruger.......maybe one day my 338 Win will sit out the season.

Reloader 17 and H4350 should also be excellent in the 375 Ruger.

Talking

Thanks everyone for the great info, very helpful. Now all I have to do is wait on the set of dies I have ordered. I checked on them this morning and was told maybe by Christmas. The joy of living in Alaska, the one state that is not in the US!!!

Default .375 Ruger load

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Bush Hunter View Post
    http://www.realguns.com/archives/144.htm

RL15 @ 72.0 with 260 Accubond is what I use in my 375 Ruger Alaskan
    I just got my Ruger Hawkeye black Alaskan, haven't fired a shot yet--expensive and non-available ammo. But now that I'm into reloading, I've started to read about the .375 generally and see some interesting alternatives.

About your 260 gr. Accubond, I might mention a "favorite" some swear by: the Nosler Partition in 260. Noticed it because I'd like to find a good bullet to load for caribou. Got a load for caribou? bookburn

Quote Originally Posted by bookburn View Post
    I just got my Ruger Hawkeye black Alaskan, haven't fired a shot yet--expensive and non-available ammo. But now that I'm into reloading, I've started to read about the .375 generally and see some interesting alternatives.

About your 260 gr. Accubond, I might mention a "favorite" some swear by: the Nosler Partition in 260. Noticed it because I'd like to find a good bullet to load for caribou. Got a load for caribou? bookburn
    Nosler information is interchangeable with the 260gr Accubond and Partition. I've loaded both with identical charges. In all cases the Accubond shot a tighter group.

There is very little doubt that the Partition is a tougher bullet with bone crushing penetration. The Accubond is Noslers answer to the increasing high BC plastic tip boat tail crowd.

Default More on .375 Ruger reloading

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I also used the realguns chart a couple of years ago when searching for data. I found that Hornady's email information is low on velocity and they use a lot of ball powders in their free information.

The current publications from Hodgdon, Barnes, Lyman and Nosler have 375 Ruger data. The data from Hodgdon is why I tried RL-17, it pointed to H-4350 with the 300's and RL-17 is right there in burn but betters the push. The Barnes data is unrealistic, they publish velocities that are unobtainable in a 20" - 23" tube. Lyman's data is pretty good. Noslers data is spot on but you will need to find a COL that works in your application.

RL-15 @ 73.5gr gave the best results in my rifle with 260gr Accubonds COL 3.340 and 2834fps with groups @ .703, that was my hunting load in 2008. Since then RL-15 @ 74.0gr with 270gr Barnes TSX COL 3.313 @ 2735fps has bettered the Accubond accuracy with groups @ .480, splitting hairs here either load is great.

The results I posted with RL-17 and 300gr TSX's have eclipsed all testing to date with my rifle. I do have 2 boxes of 300gr Accubonds sitting on the bench, I may work up a load or I may give them to a buddy with a 375H&H, time will tell.

Have fun, be safe and share your results with us.
    ==============

Thanks for the above. I've just received back-ordered brass and am readey to load for firing my new Ruger Alaskan.

I've been reading the Field and Stream handbook on Rifle Maintenance, and am going to follow advice on how to begin a barrel's career by cleaning and fireing, using alternate techniques and chemicals. I have 100 Sierra 200 gr. FNs to also work up for accurate deer and plinking, probably using info on reduced loads.

Basically, where I am with this project is to look at .373 H&H loads, keeping in mind differences I have with the 6% larger case and 20" barrel. So far, my conclusion is that it's a wash, that the case is larger but more efficient, so in terms of pressures I could get by using the H&H loads, but will start on the safe side by reducing by 10%, watching for signs of "sticking bolt."

To work with the bullets I have, beside the 200 gr. FN, some Hornady 270 SPs, and old, original 235 Speers and 300 Barnes Spitzer SPs, I'm thinking of using them up as reduced loads and changing to Nosler 260s and 300s, using info I hope to find when it gets published for the 20" barrel. If you think that sounds, wimpy, look at this: I'm planning to use factory ammo for hunting in bear country. Don't want any crimping or magazine hang-ups then. bookburn

My buddy and I shot a 375 Ruger with RL 15 and 270 TSX. Shot under 1 inch at close to max load from the Barnes manual. We loaded five different charges with RL 15. 3 of the 5 groups were 1.5" or less. Loaded the bullet close to what the maximum is for the box, but more than .01" from the lands. I was real impressed. A 270g TSX will stop most any animal on the planet I would imagine. The gun did not have awful bad recoil (compared to my 300RUM anyway) When the money tree blooms in my back yard, maybe I will pick one up. Until then....

I load my .375 Ruger with a 270 gr TSX on top of 74.5 grains of RL-15. With this load I found a sweet spot for accuracy right at 74 grains with good velocity increase to 74.5. I have obtained great 5 shot groups measuring well under 3/4". In every instance this load has performed exactly how it's supposed to.

I keep thinking I want to try the RL17, but I have a lot of RL15 to burn through before I even think about switching and I don't have nearly enough time to develop new loads right now.

Default 375 Ruger AK

Since I have uped my load to 75.0 of Reloader 15 with the 260 gr Nosler AB or Part.

260gr Nosler = RL 15 @ 75
    270gr Hornady SP or 270 TSX = 74
    300 gr Hornady or AB= 72

Fed 215GM primer