Thread: Denali Highway or Dutch Hills Petersville

Default Denali Highway or Dutch Hills Petersville

Anyone been out on the Denali Highway lately? Thinking about going up there next week, I've never snowmachined there so I was either going to go there or up to Petersville in the Dutch Hills area (which I've been and really like). Denali Highway is something new so I thought I would try it, I like Dutch Hills area for the scenery, kind of just depends on the trail conditions. Any thoughts?

Default Denali Highway

We drove in and out of the Denali Highway from Cantwell to Mile 68 by truck where the lodge is located yesterday. There is only a few inches of snow. We have ridden it by snow machine all the way out this week also. It can be done, but you have to pick your spots to ride. I'm heading up next weekend to bring supplies to the crew, and plan on driving into the lodge, but I'm going to take the snow machine up Valdez Mine Road. There might be good snow up there.

We update the weather from our place in the center of the highway on our website and our facebook page, usually daily, so you can check that, and give us a call anytime you want a new update.

Claude
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Thanks Claude

Alaska_Lanche just got back from Cantwell and said the snow was dismal at best....I'd go P-Ville

Just saw on NOAA that the summit lake area storm total is around 30 inches of new snow, thats as close as I could get. So the Denali HW on the paxon side (Tangle Lakes) might be good riding. Have not been down that way yet myself but do have friends heading down Friday. Here is a link to some webcams down that way. Hope it helps :-)

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/iways/roa....html?areaId=3

Default Denali Highway

Lot's of snow at the lodge! We had guests coming in from Cantwell, and they said it looked to be great snow there this morning, and Craig's report from the lodge this morning showed over 9" of fresh snow last night. Game on!
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Man, hopefully its getting some base to it unlike here in Wasilla. Snow up over the hood when you get off the beaten paths, but its right down to the ground when you grab any sort of throttle...

Thats the same problem we are having up North. We are getting the snow now, there just isn't anything to it... Too light...