Thread: Where to next

Default Where to next

I have been fishing in town here for a couple a weeks and also on base, and have been doing pretty well so far. My question is where in the valley would be a good bet for any kind of fish, preferably not tiny trout but they are fun too. I have to go to Wasilla this weekend , and would like to stop off somewhere for a couple hours and wet a line, but I have never even been to any of the lakes in the valley, let alone fished them.

I would love to catch a pike by the way, as I have never even laid eyes on one, but anything would do to break up the boredom.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I have been fishing in town here for a couple a weeks and also on base, and have been doing pretty well so far. My question is where in the valley would be a good bet for any kind of fish, preferably not tiny trout but they are fun too. I have to go to Wasilla this weekend , and would like to stop off somewhere for a couple hours and wet a line, but I have never even been to any of the lakes in the valley, let alone fished them.

I would love to catch a pike by the way, as I have never even laid eyes on one, but anything would do to break up the boredom.

Thanks guys

i hear redshirt lake got 20" trout.
    Semper Fi!

Any other suggestions, I probably wont be at it too long and I only have a small setup. I dont spend a lot of time in the Valley so directions would be a big help.

Thanks fellas, just dont want to waste my day off not fishing if I or one of you can help it.

Default Nancy Lakes Area

Try out there, alot of lakes but check the AF&G web site for stocked lakes and maps. Also the Kepler Brady lakes. Depends if your looking for little ones(lots of action) or something that could take some time and research. Also Finger lake has a lot of smaller ones with the chance of catching something bigger(according to the reports I've read)

Hope this helps

FM
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright

Thanks a ton Marc.

if you dont got a ice shack and you wanna hit a anchorage lake sometime give me a pm, i am always loking for somone to share my shack with.
    Semper Fi!

Thanks for the offer, might have to look you up some weekend. It gets cold out there on that milk crate sometimes.