Thread: Wolves in Central area??????

Default Wolves in Central area??????

Im planning on heading up to central in the next month or so for some wolves. Has anyone seen anything in that area lately? Or does anyone have a better place to go

Quote Originally Posted by Twoodward View Post
    Im planning on heading up to central in the next month or so for some wolves. Has anyone seen anything in that area lately? Or does anyone have a better place to go
    You may not have to go that far to see wolves, but what I would do is to check different areas around Fairbanks at F&G. Most areas have traplines at this time of the year, and you may want to look at these first to avoid arguments with trappers.

Default seen them

I got one 2 weeks ago, there was alot of bou up there and alot of sign. I would stay south of 12 mile summit. I found a good size pack (seen alot of sign) spotted two black ones and took one of them. There is alot of trapping in that area tho. The one I took had a broken snare around it's neck and buck shot in its ass when I skinned it. I think I did that one a favor.

Quote Originally Posted by akguy454 View Post
    The one I took had a broken snare around it's neck and buck shot in its ass when I skinned it. I think I did that one a favor.
    Wow certainly sounds like it. I wish people would secure their snares properly, it's pretty harsh knowing there's a half strangled wolf still wandering around alive after stealing your snare. Maybe he let you shoot him?!