View Poll Results: Do we need a drifters Section?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 29.17%
  • No

17 70.83%

Thread: Proposing a new Section, Yes Or No?

Default Proposing a new Section, Yes Or No?

I think we need a Alaska Drifters section. I have a cataraft that i use this forum for alot, but theres alot of questions i have about my drifter such as maintenence and inquiries about new boats. Or also past experiences, personal opinions.
    Go Fish

How many drift boat you figure there are in AK? I don't see many except on the Kenai. It could be great if there's enough interest.

Default why

there are enough sections now and how would that really differ from what we have now?

I have a 9' Zodiac and a 12' Coleman Crawdad and use a 3 1/2hp motor on them. They don't fit with canoes,rafts or power boats nor will they fit in a drift boat section. Maybe we need a place for just other type craft

Default Boats

I would suggest changing the rafting forum to an "INFLATABLE WATERCRAFT FORUM" that would cover a broad range of Alaskan watercraft and would be a much better use of a thread than "GLACIERCRAFT BOATS" forum which hasn't had a new poster in 2 weeks.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

i dont think Drifter needs his own section....hate to see his head catch up to the rest of him.....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I really wouldn't care one way or the other, but it seems to me that very few people use their driftboats for anything but fishing, so the fishing, fly-fishing, or boating forums should be sufficient. I might change my mind if I buy a drift boat in the future, but as of right now, I probably wouldn't spend much time on the drift boat forum.

Default Yes

I like itÖ.. If thereís room in the Boating Forums for another subtitle like Alaska Drift Boating,,,, Iím sure it would get used. I have been hearing about a state wide Drift Boat club springing up headquarters in the Sterling area? Then thereís A over-night drift in the planning for next fall on the Kasilof hoping Bob Ball would join in and show off a few hot spots for Silvers in its upper portion. Canít hardly forget about Drift Boat Monday (Family day is what I like to call it) The Forum could be shared with the Rocky mountain trout boats & the white water Pramís. Its all good even from the bank.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (29.7 KB, 25 views)

Default No

I think there are too many Forums already. IMHO it would add another layer to the clutter.
    Review a few broad forums and then pick the individual threads you wish to follow.
    Don't need a Forum for each little tiny niche' in the world.......ie. Glacier Craft Owners forum when there are multitudes of order more Woolridge/Hewes/North River owners etc.

Default colt obviously doesnt own one.

a drift boat is a type of aluminum boat different than a semi v. woolridge hewes and north river are brands... there are wood drift boats.... alot of maintenence on those.... there are fiber glass drift boats.... there are aluminum drift boats..... but whatever. people use drift boats for hunting too, my buddy goes every sept on the sue.. Either way just a idea/suggestion that obviously didnt take.
    Go Fish

My thought is that the best option would be to make this forum the "Alaska Rafting and Drift Boat Forum" instead of adding a new one. This forum isn't so busy that it is difficult to sort through the threads to find what you need. We do have a lot of forums, but we try to be measured in our growth and careful to not over-do it. I think we're right on that line for the time being, so we're not likely to add more forums anytime soon. That being said, I really do appreciate the input and hope you'll keep the suggestions coming. Most of what we offer came from member ideas, so don't hesitate to let us know what you'd like to see!