Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Driving out on Finger Lake

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Driving out on Finger Lake

    I'm thinking of going out on Finger Lake this weekend, does any know if it is safe to drive out on it yet? Thanks for your replies.

  2. #2
    Member tjm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,125

    Default

    there was half a dozen or so cars/trucks parked on the ice the weekend before last,.... November 29th it was....
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

  3. #3
    Member pike_palace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the 907
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Careful out there. I think you are fine but boy you don't want to be on the wrong end of things...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

  4. #4

    Thumbs up

    It is never "safe" to drive on ice. Simply put there are varying degrees of risk. That said, people are driving on lakes.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member Stickle Back's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Chugiak Alaska
    Posts
    100

    Default

    What about Big Lake?

  6. #6

    Default

    I measured about a foot on Finger a few days ago and with these temps you should be fine. This time of year there's always a lot of cracking and popping but just try not and park 10 trucks together. And please slow down especially when exiting the lake so we don't blow out the shore....

    Have fun. Be careful
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

  7. #7

    Default

    Just remember your vehicle insurance ends at the bank.i learned the hard way.

    Jazz

  8. #8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    Just remember your vehicle insurance ends at the bank.i learned the hard way.

    Jazz
    Not if you report it stolen!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Not if you report it stolen!
    Now thats Funny!

    I just drove out on Finger Sunday. 13-14 inches. It's fine.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

  10. #10
    New member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thanks for all your responses. We went out on Sunday, not much to bring home, but it was nice to get out on the ice.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •