Thread: Secure mounts for Game Camera

Default Secure mounts for Game Camera

I bought a Moultrie game camera on Sunday from Cabelas. The moultrie universal mount on the other hand was not worth the $49 they wanted. But figured I better get something to protect the camera, even though it only cost me $232 including shipping for $350 camera! $100 off then I used to two codes for another $35 total off the price.

I googled for a moultrie mount and found this company-http://www.custom1enterprises.com/cu...prises_005.htm They use pay pal and I ordered one, same cost as cabelas and this one is much heavier duty, 3/16" plate steel! It arrived today!! I was kinda skeptical of the company I never heard of before. Mine came in full camo, didn't realize I ordered that one, I thought it cost more. So anyways, it is not water proof, but will use under a tree. But much better looking then the 18ga one from cabelas.

Just thought I would post on it since it shipped fast and had FREE SHIPPING!!! Even to ALASKA!!! I could take pics, but don't have time and the site has good pics. All I can say is that I am really pleased.

This is gonna be our first year with cams. Nobody else interested in these? Maybe not cheaper than making it your self, but it is heavy steal and not thin cheap stuff than can be cut easier! Fit is perfect!

Default Mount

That looks like a good mount. I have a question, is this to protect it from wild animals or humans or both? I have wanted a camera but fear the humans roaming and stealing. I hunt private property but never know who is out there. Interesting, the company is in Imlay City, which is about 50 miles from me. What about making some sort of "roof" to keep the rain off? Something to hook to the cross bar? Let us know how it works out. Thanks, Mark

Great source - the mount is just the ticket needed to protect my game cameras. Looking at the mount, it will be easy to make a rain proof roof out of a semi's mud flap that wont affect the camera's function or field of view. Just cut to design, bend, align the holes threading the bolt through both ends of the flap before securing it to the tree.
    "He should have been packing a more powerful gun...you have to be a very good shot or very lucky to stop a brown bear with a .357 Magnum." - Rick Sinnott, Alaska Department of Fish and Game biologist after a double attack by a grizzly.

Default Circuit Breaker...

I don't recall where I read this suggestion, may have been AOD.
    Anyway, someone suggested the use of an Electrical Panel as a housing for your game cam.
    Seems as though this would be a good device to protect the camera from the curiosity of a bear, and some have locking mechanisms built in, or one could attach a locking hasp rather easily, which will offer some protection from the curiosity of a two-legged critter as well.
    Odds are one of these could be picked up on the cheap after a demo. A few minutes in the garage with a jigsaw, and all is well.

Good luck!

Default Bear Box

I have two, they work great.