Thread: Pintle hitch/Pin hitch adapter ?

Default Pintle hitch/Pin hitch adapter ?

Do they make such a thing? I have one snowmachine with a pintle and another with a pin. I also will be using 2 sleds, both with pin. I have looked around for an adapter but no luck. I suppose I could have one fab'd up. I also dont want to change hitches on the snowmachines to match.
    "One Last Cast"

I built mine, took about 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenairmk View Post
    I built mine, took about 10 minutes.
    Pics or description? Please. Did you do it yourself?
    "One Last Cast"

I am at work, and don't have a pic here. I just found a steel ring about 2" in diameter. Then cut a piece of 2"x1/4" piece of steel flatbar and cut it about 2 -1/2" long, drilled a hole for the pin, and welded the two together.

You can simply pin a shackel to your hitch and then attaching to the pintel hitch is a breeze
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

Default Combine the last two ideas

Just use a 2" ring to articulate between your pintle and pin hitches. It is a 10 second fix. I did it yesterday.

I just slip a clevis through the pintle hitch to attach to my pin hitch. It makes for a little slop, but it has never caused me any problems, even when hauling very big loads.

I broke the pintle hook off a snowmachine once. The pull sled had an eye bolt and the machine was left with only a flapper. I hooked the eye bolt to the flapper with a padlock. That load was pretty heavy and the padlock didn't suffer any damage. It opened right up when I got where I was going.

With little work you can mount the J-Hook housing right inside the Flapper housing, just need to elongate the mounting holes and use longer bolts. I have done this about five times, it works perfect, and the machine is ready for anything that needs towing.