Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ar-15?

Default ar-15?

i was wondering anyone had an ar-15 that they are going to get rid off cus i want to figure out how much money i would need. and i am also willing to trade.... thanks

AR-15 plus optics? You might get a good deal and get it for $1200 but I doubt it. I'd budget at least $1500 for a good one to be safe. Check the online gun sites.

www.gunbroker.com
    www.gunsamerica.com
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

thanks for the reply. i was guessing it would be somewhere around $1500

If your looking for a predator rifle, you can get a .223, .22-250, or .243 bolt action for a lot less. I got my Tikka T3 in .243 for $503 and found a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10 scope on sale for $299. Half the price of an AR. The only problem with that set up is, I still want an AR.

Default Build one

You could build one for around $800. I got my rifle kit from delton and bought a stripped lower local. Its easy. Hillbilly

MNJIKING. i was thinking about just getting a .223 in a regular bolt action. what do u think the best gun maker is for that caliber? and i dont really want a 22-250 cus my friend already has one and i dont want to copy him

and i was wondering what gun do u think would be best for coyotes and fox.. either a .223 or a .243

You can find super good deals on pieces/parts and even complete uppers/lowers. Just last week I saw complete Stag Lowers w/ CTR stocks and complete RRA uppers w/ charging handle and BCG for 775....pretty hard to beat. Keep an eye out and you can have a sweet setup (w/ optics) knockin on a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    You can find super good deals on pieces/parts and even complete uppers/lowers. Just last week I saw complete Stag Lowers w/ CTR stocks and complete RRA uppers w/ charging handle and BCG for 775....pretty hard to beat. Keep an eye out and you can have a sweet setup (w/ optics) knockin on a grand.
    525 for a DPMS upper
    120-160 for a stripped lower
    60-70 for a lower parts kit
    100 or so for a stock/buffer/tube/spring
    20-50 for a scope mount
    150 for a scope (nikon)

I am in mine for under a grand total and am shocked every time I walk into a shop and see basically the same gun for 1300+! It was my first time building one and aside from figuring out the springs it was pretty easy. I did it all by reading a document from AR15.com and watching videos on youtube!

LuJon how long did it take u to build that gun?

Honestly, I aquired the parts piece by piece while I was overseas last year. Most of them were purchased off of the forum here. I could have done it faster If I was local and could have shopped around but I had 8 months to kill so I just waited for good deals to come along online and picked them up. The actual build I did on the living room floor in a couple hours. Most of that time was spent watching the videos and reading the directions to make sure I did it right! I purchased a complete upper though so the only actual building was ust the lower 1/2. The only hard part was installing the front pin retainer! I almost lost that thing about 10 times! Thankfully my wife setpped in w/ steady hands and between the 2 of us we got it installed correctly. The process was a whole lot of fun! In fact I have another lower here that I will be ordering parts for as I go through my next trip, this time I think I want a light 18" flattop, it should be a little handier than my bull barrelled 16" but then again a 6.8spc or a 25wssm would be pretty slick too.......

thanks. pm sent

Default Lost springs

I let that same spring fly several times. Thankfully the kids found it. I thought the hardest part was the bolt catch. The youtube video i watched had the lower taped, so you dont scratch it up. Hillbilly

Default Redsoxwon

You might reconsider copying your buddy. Shooting the same ammo has its upsides. Sort of like, "Darn it, I forgot my ammo. Can I shoot yours?"
    Interesting info on the AR. I have been thinking about a hunting set up for a while now, and have been trying to learn the AR language. There are so many parts and pieces made by so many companies it is a bit boggling.
    I have seen complete DPMS rifles lately, not the Sporticals, for $875, so the prices seem to be coming down a bit.
    In Fairbanks a guy had an Olympic Arms flattop for around $750, and it had some accessories on it.

how much do u guys think it would cost me for an ar-15 with optics a bipod and a few 20 round clips?

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxwon094 View Post
    how much do u guys think it would cost me for an ar-15 with optics a bipod and a few 20 round magazines?
    Fixed....

Like before, under a grand is way doable....

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxwon094 View Post
    and i was wondering what gun do u think would be best for coyotes and fox.. either a .223 or a .243
    I would get something in .223. I got a .243 Winchester because I have a hard on for rounds based on the .308 Winchester.

An AR or a Tikka/Savage/Remington/Ruger (not in that order) is what I'd go with. I'm kinda interested in the Remington VTR.

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...el_700_vtr.asp

Default built a good one

rra lower complete for 280$nib gunbroker.com
    rra upper complete for 585$nib protek in fairbanks
    riser and scope mounts 60$ sportsmans in fairbanks
    4.5 X 14 50mm nixon scope free off my old handi rifle in 22-250
    mags free from army buddy

all together 925$ retail for same gun is alot more assembled

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

I just got a great deal on a ar in 223. It came with a scope that screws on the top of the bar. I would like to convert it so i could mount it on the flat part has anyone done this i hear they make a two peace upper. If i do this can i still use the open sights
    Has anyone here done this and what all do i need. This is my first ar. Ive had alot of the mini 14s The other thing is its a one in seven twist and it loves the 68 to 73 grain lead compaired to the 55 grainers.
    I cant seem to find any that are not holow point. any idea's I wold like to get at least 500.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    I just got a great deal on a ar in 223. It came with a scope that screws on the top of the bar. I would like to convert it so i could mount it on the flat part has anyone done this i hear they make a two peace upper. If i do this can i still use the open sights
    Has anyone here done this and what all do i need. This is my first ar. Ive had alot of the mini 14s The other thing is its a one in seven twist and it loves the 68 to 73 grain lead compaired to the 55 grainers.
    I cant seem to find any that are not holow point. any idea's I wold like to get at least 500.

well it sounds like you have an a1-2 pics would help but from what u say the scope is mounted on the handle on top of the upper theres no way to make it a flat top you have to buy a new reciver probly $150 for a flat top

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast