Thread: Need help building

I presently live and work close to Lake Clark

Default Need help building

I am building a 16'x16' stick built cabin on 8 acres I own in 16B. About 10 south of Skwentna. I'm 62 and this will be my retirement place. I need someone who knows all about building and with tools. Hoping to make a deal. When done I will put up a tent cabin for guests with a woodstove and furnished. You will be able to use it anytime when not in use. Good deal for a hunter or someone who likes to snowmachine that country or to just get away. Or if you want money, let me know as I am on fixed income. It would help if you have a plane.

you might try eric johnson at northwoods lodge which is on fish lakes creek just above lake creek. i know he has built some cabins locally in the last few years. he also owns a barge that he runs up the yentna from deshka landing. if you are close to the river that would be the cheapest way to get your materials in. i dont know about him making much of a deal though. he has been out there a long time and might know someone who would be interested in your proposition.

Default Eric

Thanks but, I already have my materials on my land. I had them taken up last winter. I am a winter caretaker for a lodge out by Nondalton and don't make a whole lot of money. I'm sure Eric wouldn't be interested. There has to be someone out there. I will just wait.

Default Time frame

When are you looking to build this cabin?

Default Hi Goose

I am looking around next summer sometime or even towards the fall when it is cooler and less bugs. You interested? Are you interested in hunting or snowmachining? I'm 62 and just wanted to find a friend or friends to enjoy hunting or the outdoors up in my area.. I have been here at this lodge for 7 years and I need to move on. Time to enjoy myself.

Did you get my pm?

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Where is your property at exactly. You sure its south of skwentna like canyon lake area. Can you get there by boat or do you haft to fly in.

I too was interested in your land location. I own some land about 10 miles south of Skwentna as well. Maybe something could be worked out. PM me if interested. By the way, I'm a carpenter by trade.

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    Where is your property at exactly. You sure its south of skwentna like canyon lake area. Can you get there by boat or do you haft to fly in.
    I took so long to get back to ya. Actually, I am about 4 miles S.W. of the 5000ft. airstrip. If you go to my pictures I have Google Earth pictures of my land.

I'm interested in coming back up to Alaska and helping someone build this summer. I'm just lightly skilled--I'm an occasional volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, got some light carpentry skills helping my friend build theater sets--but I'm not looking for any particular recompense either. Only payment I need is to show the woman that I've got enough experience before I buy my own land. That and I've been cooped up too long down south, need some fresh air.

So if you've got someone with skills, I know enough to do a good day's work on whatever I'm told to.