Thread: Point Mac report

Default Point Mac report

Hey boys, went out to Point Mac yesterday with snowmachines. Planned to ride out to Flathorn but snow depth changed my mind. I'm not saying you can't make it but I think when I go again I'll four wheel out there if we don't receive anymore snow. I'll give a better trail report then.

About 4 inches or so on the ground with a bit more in the trees (the wife referred to it as a Heavy Frost...). Fished Carpenter lake for a few minutes (didn't get anything but then didn't try very hard) on our way to get a Christmas tree. Carpenter had around 10 inched where I drilled but I saw we were over a spring by the way the bottom was moving. In any case we rode all around the lake and found no overflow. Saw one very nice bull moose. Like to find that shed!
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Thanks for the report. I'm hoping to get over to Pt Mac on Sunday and see what I can jig up.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

That was some much needed info. My thanks to you.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Lack of snow is no longer an issue.

Smile

yeah...no kidding...

I'm glad, we needed it. Now I can load everything back on the snogo and leave it for a while. I was all spread out between the truck/4wheeler/snowmachine.

Alaskanassasin,

"snogo" if that doesn't show your rural roots what does ? My roots run rural as well.

George

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Alaskanassasin,

"snogo" if that doesn't show your rural roots what does ? My roots run rural as well.

George
    Never lived there George, just spent a lot of time working in the bush. I guess some terms just stick. By the way, nice looking lodge you have!

Thanks assasin,

Funny how terms stick uh! 32 years in the bush, great place to bring the kid up. In the valley now with summers back out there.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

George

Default flathorn trail

Where does the trail to get out to flathorn start at? And roughly how far is the trail?

pipline trail is right out of the parking area. the ride to flathorn is about 10 miles maybe I think.

you need to take a right about oh 6 miles in off the pipe line trail. Theres a sign there about 10x10 that says flathorn good luck.

2nd route- Drive straight to the end of the pipeline trail, then hang a right. About half a mile up you'll jump a little burm, and see the arm of Flathorn Lake on the right, that everyone fishes. This avoids the overflow found at the end of the other route.
    3rd route- hop the Iditarod trail from Burma Landing. This will come into Fish Creek, and turn into Flathorn. This is the least enjoyable route: lots of washboarding, and some steep hills that are bad in low snow conditions.