Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W one time 40% off deal for Active Duty and Retired Military

Default S&W one time 40% off deal for Active Duty and Retired Military

I just found about this last week. Smith and Wesson is offering a one time deal to Active Duty and Retired Military for 40% off any S&W product. Basically, you fill out the attached form and specify what you want and put down the SKU number. You mail that along with a copy of your mil ID, credit card #, check, or money order, and a copy of a dealer's FFL to S&W. I was skeptical at first so I e-mailed S&W and they confirmed that this is a legit deal, but it is only valid through the end of December. The gun counter at the Fort Wainwright PX is now advertising it as well. The hardest part is finding a dealer that you can ship guns to. I use sentry plaza in North Pole. I am getting a model 460 with 5" barrell. Maybe with the money I save I can afford a box of ammo for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the heads up! Now what to buy...

Dieselnut posted a similar link a couple of weeks ago, if you do a search you can find it.

On the form he linked any active duty or retired military can order any S&W product at 40% off MSRP just like you reported.
    But it is not limited to just once. You are limited to one purchase per calendar year.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=67719
    Tennessee

How are they handling the photocopy of Military ID? technically thats a big nono and punishable
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    How are they handling the photocopy of Military ID? technically thats a big nono and punishable
    Sort of. Duplicating a color copy of an entire military ID for the purposes of positive identification is a violation. B&W photocopying of a portion of an identification card for validation of a written claim is not a violation.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 U.S.C. 701 : US Code - Section 701: Official badges, identification cards, other insignia

Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge,
    identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by
    the head of any department or agency of the United States for use
    by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation
    thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or
    executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the
    likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia,
    or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under
    regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title
    or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Personally I could give a crap if they send the ID police to my house, lol.
    There are way bigger fish to fry than spending manhours on pursuing people who copy their ID cards!
    Call em up, tell them I copied mine. Bet they could care less.

PS: Dieselnut. Thanks for posting the link Ordered a nice handgun a couple of weeks ago with my photocopied ID
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Personally I could give a crap if they send the ID police to my house, lol.
    There are way bigger fish to fry than spending manhours on pursuing people who copy their ID cards!
    Call em up, tell them I copied mine. Bet they could care less.
    Oh I could give a **** I promise you that...I agree, bigger better things to do like budget $$ for heated sidewalks

Just making note of it.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

I actually did look back through the forum to see if anyone had posted this but I must have missed that thread. Seems like there are two forms floating around. Mine looks different that the one posted earlier. The attached form in this thread came straight from the V.P. of the Military program so it should be good. He didn't say anything about being able to get one per calendar year. He just told me that it ends at the end of December. I might ask him about the whole one per year deal because it doesn't specify that on this form.

Default Thanks for the tip!

I've been putting off shopping for a 460V myself because of the price. I might just have to take advantage of this.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Default Results?

Has anyone actually ordered and received their S&W weapon yet? Wondering about the results, how fast, etc.

Yeah, I am kind of curious about how the whole process works. Will S&W notify me when they receive the order, when it ships, etc...? The sheet says 60 days for handguns and 90 for rifles, but I know some products are on backorder so I think it can be even longer.

My wife got ahold of David Holt, the VP in charge of military programs at S&W. For those of us who are deployed, he said we can just fill out the form and put in the FFL# for the dealer we are going to go through for the transfer and he (Mr. Holt) willl handle everything from there.

He also said the 460 is indeed on backorder. No matter for me - if I have to wait another month or even six months - I'll never get another opportunity to buy one at this price. I'm sending in my order!

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Its a good deal at 40% off MSRP but it isnt a "wow" deal. Do not have my paperwork in front of me but the pistol I ordered cost about $780 with the S&W 40% off program. My FFL dealer could of got one for about $860 plus shipping.
    Absolutely worth the wait if you are in hurry as every $ saved is a plus. Mine has been on order for a couple of weeks and I'll post when (if) it arrives.
    Why put it off if you are thinking about it? Just have it charged to your credit card and you are not out anything because they will not charge your card until it ships.
    Tennessee

Default M-25 Classic ordered

Just touched base with Boondocks this afternoon and they are supporting this but charge a $50.00 transfer fee. They already have a FFL on file with S&W and wish to protect themselves, so will not give you their FFL info to put on the form.
    I sent my form with one of their business cards attached. Now I just got to be patient.

Is it here yet?????????

oh yeah..............patience

Ed

Default Some advise

Look on Gunbroker and do a search for FFL's. There are some here in AK that will do the transaction for free for Active and Retired Military. Also there are a few advertising only $10.00

Quote Originally Posted by wholden View Post
    Look on Gunbroker and do a search for FFL's. There are some here in AK that will do the transaction for free for Active and Retired Military. Also there are a few advertising only $10.00
    Tim Shaw is one, his # is in the ER phone book. Can personally recommend him as he has transferred a couple of weapons for me in the last couple of months.
    Great service and lowest price in town ($10 for AD or retired military). Plus he will research his distributors to find a price that is usually a good deal less than anything you can find on Gunbrokers.
    Tennessee

I found a guy in Wasilla who has an FFL and is going to handle the transfer for me and friends in my unit who are deployed for free. That's a generous offer, and I'm glad I found him. I just sent in my order for a 460V yesterday. I got an e-mail back today from David Johnston from Diamond D holsters, too. I'm going to pick up one of his guide's choice rigs. Can't wait to get home and try out my new hand cannon!

Ordered my S&W 41 about the 1st of Dec to replace the one I stupidly sold. Dealer called me this am and told me it came in.
    So yes, the program does work and in this case it was a 10-11 week delivery time.
    Thanks S&W
    Tennessee

Default Waiting

I put my order in about about 2 weeks behind you, so I'm hoping to hear from my dealer soon.

Thanks for the update.

Ed
    Afflicted by condition human

Default Update

S&W contacted me via e-mail and told me my .460 has an estimated ship date in April. Looks like it will be 3-4 months from putting my order in to recieving it. Well worth the wait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast