Thread: Which Rifle-mounted Varmint Light?

Default Which Rifle-mounted Varmint Light?

I am looking at the Optronics GL-50M4 light. Does anyone have experience with this light? I would like any feedback on any other set-ups ayone is using. Thanks!
    PC gag in place.

You might want to look at lasergenetics.com This looks very interesting and I'm thinking about getting one. Would like to find some one that has first hand experience with it.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

is it legal in alaska to use lights predator hunting one time I thought it was and then I read something and thought otherwise thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rooster 1 View Post
    is it legal in alaska to use lights predator hunting one time I thought it was and then I read something and thought otherwise thanks
    Purchase a trapping license and than it is legal to do so.

It's legal to do so but there are date restrictions, see trapping regs.

I've used Optronics scope mounted lights and I was less than impressed. I used it three different times and found it was more of a hassle than anything. The battery isn't bulky but heavy, the wires are twice as long as they need to be, and with the red lense cover my max range that I could identify an object was 75 yards. Without the lense cover 100 yards was about max. It was a waste of $80! It has been sitting by my reloading bench for the past two years. On the bright side battery life was longer than expected.

Would anyone light to take this hot commodity off my hands? I'd sell it for $50 as it is practically new.

Default Lights

I have the LightForce 170 setup with the 8AH battery and reohstat. I've used it a bit, but have come to the conclusion that it's just too bulky and a pain to hunt with. My battery would only run about 40 minutes tops on high when it's -30 or colder too, so it's just a royal pain to mess around with anymore. I have a new high power LED setup coming next week and will give it a try and report back how it works out.